Chapter 10

His height was nothing compared to my height. Though I was proud of my 5'8, I wanted to make sure. I could defend myself in case he tries to put his hands on me.

As I approached the door, everyone stopped and bowed. I looked around wondering who were they bowing to. To my surprise it was Marco, was he a leader or something? 

Sam

"You're so brave, did you really think you could escape me, I gave you everything". After all, we've been through, you're still leaving me. I'm the only one in this world who loves you.

Camila
Dragged from the festival into a car that leads to death. But now we are on a road that leads to torment, he knows that he doesn't love me. Yet, he's pretending, wearing sheep clothing, when he knows he's a wolf in the private.

These days I watch the sunset thinking it's morning when the day has already ended. The moon takes over, but I'm not his sun it's another woman

"Sam stop the car, STOP the car, Sam!!.", " If you let me go I won't tell Valentino that you're sleeping with his wife, you know Iris's mother Martha." Immediately the car stopped.

He looked at me and started driving again. " I'll tell Martha that you're sleeping with your husband, so we're even, shut up." 

At this point, I had nothing to lose. Opened the door, and jumped. A truck was coming, while he was driving. "Sam!" I shouted as I watched the car flipping continuously.

I thought this was my time to escape, but I couldn't leave him. Immediately I ran over to check if he was dead. There was no pulse, "Help!, Help me! please" crying out for help was no use. I walked into the road and stopped an oncoming vehicle.

"Please help my husband he's not moving." "Come let me take you to the hospital", it was a ten minutes drive to the hospital. Seeing him unconscious made me wonder if my decisions were right. It's my fault, I shouldn't have done this.

"Doctor, will he be ok? we can't say for now," after a few minutes the doctor came out. "He'll be fine, there are a few bruises on his body and a broken arm", "thanks doc" well that's good news. He can't hit me now, I'll see him later.

***

Philip

Coming to Jamaica was not a plan. But coming here was the best decision I've ever made. The culture is amazing, yet different. I thought they were only black people were Jamaicans. But coming here they're a variety of people. The people here are friendly, upbeat, and can cook.

Their rice and peas taste completely different from how Americans prepare them. The beaches are relaxing, and the hot sun penetrates my skin like water. The fried fish and chicken were amazing.

8/9/2022