Chapter 6

Pov Iris

Later we arrived at my place. "Dad's home, perhaps you could say hello," I said. Dad pulled me inside forcefully. 

What future wife? "Are you stupid, you put your future wife in jeopardy?" I halted and turned to face my dad. "What do you mean, Dad? future spouse? Nobody spoke; instead, they just stared at me as if I were the one who was crazy.

"Iris, we need to discuss."

Regarding what

"I'm going,"

"When we're done talking, you won't be able to go."

Dad did nothing but remain motionless. "Dad, what's going on?" He returned his gaze to mine as I questioned. My heart was filled with rage, and I also felt angry and bitter. I then climbed the stairs.

"Iris we need to talk."

"About what?"

"It's to be done, and it's about the thing that needs to be done, and it's about the thing that has to be done, You don't want to be forced into marriage right now, do you? Do you?" I took a breath and welcomed him up. Don't sit there; instead, move over there.

Do you possess the documents? "No," I said right away. I then called Philip and asked him to give me the papers back in exchange for a sizable quantity of money.

I called the person who has it, and he will be there soon to get the paperwork from Philip, she said. The door was slammed in his face by me. Where is the money? Go back to last night. Iris, you'll rue this. I took an apple as I ascended the stairs.

 I wasn't thinking about giving Marco the documents. What if he injured them somehow? He produced a lighter.