Chapter 7

Camila Pov

Why would you act that way in front of the guests? Do you have a mental illness? Having the same old chat with a loser. conceiving others' children and then abandoning them. Are you even paying attention to me? 

"I desire a divorce. Sam, I'm going back to Cuba this evening because I'm sick of paying your child support." Give me your passport and car keys, Camila, you're not going anywhere.

Not this feeling of being confined and locked within a box once more. I destroyed the girl who was once vulnerable, and I won't allow myself to feel this way again.

"Sam, our conversation is ended. This time is different since I'm permanently going."

"I told you, you weren't leaving,"

When I turned around, a punch was staring at my face and I felt something grab my hair. 

"You know you're mine; you're not leaving." I came to this place for a holiday, but it became a life sentence.

Our honeymoon retreat was meant to be this trip. The stunning beaches and delectable cuisine drew my attention. 

In addition to the joyous reggae music that flooded my ears, I yearned for more. Yet, being ungrateful doesn't help, and that's how I met Sam, a mixed-race person.

Do you think your father will believe you if you say, "Sam if you don't let me go, I'll tell your dad what you did to your mother that night?"

I was trying to think of the next excess of getting when he laughed.

Why won't you stay with me? Am I not deserving of your loyalty?

As he drew his arms, he questioned. I didn't want to hold him at first. He stank and was alcohol-drenched.

Because it reminded me of what happened to my father, I detested the smell of alcohol. It tore our family apart while he was intoxicated.

 I experienced a sense of isolation once more as I dealt with this man in the present. I want to put a stop to this sadness, who is my husband?

He smiles and apologizes, and then uses me as a punching bag. I never quite understand the person I'm looking at in front of me. Regardless of whether he is the good or bad twin.

The fight is the same every day. In a struggle where love and hatred.

You never know whose side of hate will prevail. I awoke from my sleep to the sound of approaching footsteps. Sam was the target of a face-covering and a pointing gesture.