Chapter 44: Broken

Y/N POV

...

(Six days later)

09:51 PM

I've been hanging out often with Namjoon these past few days and I'm telling you it wasn't good for the health of my heart. Why? Because It's so hard for me to make myself look unbothered whenever he get all sweet, it's a nerve wracking but I still managed to deal with it. I've been sending details to his hyungs about him. They're all still in vacation. Jimin on the other hand sometimes calls me at night, just casually asking me if how's my day going and I would just tell him it's good. We also hang out sometimes and I could say we're getting along.

I was alone in my house. Specifically in my room with a laptop infront of me. I was scrolling up and down on the google, trying to look for some fancy dress that would fit me. But it doesn't fit my taste. There's this beautiful violet dress with little pearl beads embedded on the heart shape chest area and at the end of the dress, the outer layer is lace while the rest of  the inner linings are silk. I love the design. But the problem is, it's slightly backless and I'm not the type of a woman who's confident enough to flaunt her back view. I just received another message from my mother today, informing me about the set schedule for the engagement party and I swear I just felt my soul fly out of my room's window.

As I'm scrolling more on the google, the sound of my phone ringing up interrupts me. It was my mother, calling.

Pressing the green button, "Mother."

"Y/N, dear. Have you already found a dress for the event?" She asked and I sigh, massaging my temple. I didn't know finding a better dress just for an engagement party would be this stressing.

"I haven't yet." I tell her.

"Well, I found a dress for you and I thought you would like it. Would you want me to send a picture of it?"

"Sure."

"Okay then. Let me know if you like it." With that, she hang up the call and within ten seconds the picture of the dress pops in my screen. I admit, the dress was quite stunning. It was a violet dress too. It's strapless, but wasn't sexy. The chest exposure is wide enough for me, it doesn't show much skin and good thing is, it isn't backless. It's a long dress that has slit on the lower left side intended for leg exposure and I was speechless for a moment as I stare at that part. Already imagining myself if how would I look in it with one leg exposed. Shit. I mentally cursed.

But at least it's not backless and the slit doesn't go further up near the crotch area. It just reach your lower thigh.

My conscience argues and I shake my head to block her out.

I stare at the dress for another moment as I contemplate.

But this one is better than those dress.

I huff out an air as I finally decided. That's it. You're going to wear this dress. I thought to myself.

Sending a message to my mother,

Me: I'll wear this. Thank you.

Mother: I knew you would pick this one. ;)

Her reply came right away and I just bitterly smile at myself. What am I doing in my life? I exhaled a deep breathe, throwing my body on the mattress as I blankly stare at the ceiling with many thoughts and questions lingering in my head.

Namjoon still doesn't know that I'm getting married soon.

I then felt a warm liquid coming out from the corner of my eyes. Shit. I'm crying again. I pressed my hands on my face. No. I shouldn't be crying again. I force myself not to cry but it's too late. My tears are streaming out already. I shift to my right side, curving into a ball as I try to hide my sob with my pillow. All these days, I was torn between telling him about it and not. I'm scared. God, I'm so scared to tell him because I don't think I could bear whatever his reaction would be. I hate to admit this to myself but I'm so coward for it.