Chapter 06: Piggyback

“Hey, hey, hey. Slow down, I’m not a fucking Cheetah!” Aira whined as I pulled her out of the room as soon as our class ended, I didn’t stop and ran straight to the cafeteria’s direction. I’m hungry. “I didn’t even get the chance to ask my partner’s number.” She complains and then pout at me.

I slowed my pace, seeing we are now near the cafeteria and looked at her.

“I’m sorry, I just really wanted to get out of there and you already know why.” She frowns at what I’ve said; she saw how uncomfortable I was during the whole class when I sat beside Namjoon, he didn’t paid any attention to what was Mrs Hyun explained about our first activity and just stared at me.

God knows how much I wanted to punch his face but since he helped me yesterday I just brushed my anger away, for today.

I still hate him.

Me and Aira went to the school field after taking our lunch at the cafeteria and attended our remaining morning classes and luckily she found her partner there sitting on the bench while reading a history book, she’s lucky her partner is kind and humble. Unlike that pervert Namjoon.

Aira needs a time to talk with her partner about the activity so I told her that I’ll head home first and I swear her face lit up when I told her that, I guess the girl had a crush over the nerd guy.

I waved goodbye to her before walking to the school gate. While I’m on my way, yesterday’s scene flashed into my mind again.

*Short Flashback*

“What? He did that for me? really?”

“Yes, he’s the one who brought you home and called me.” she said, laying down beside me who’s eyes are wide open in surprised at what she said. “and if my eyes are not betraying me, when I came to your room I saw him sitting on the edge of your bed staring at you, he look so worried.” She added and yawned.

I shifted my gaze from her down to my lap with the tons of question running in my head.

*Flashback Ends*

“Aish Y/n, stop thinking of him.” I muttered to myself while looking to the ground kicking pebbles on my way and that's when I saw a necklace with a small star pendant.

Stopping on my track , I bent down to pick it up but suddenly heard a yell.

"LOOK OUT!"

And before I could see the owner of the voice, my body fell to the ground with a hard impact. My eyes shut tight at the pain I felt on my back and my left ankle.

What the hell was that?!

"Shit, Y/n are you okay?"

That voice, oh no not again.

I opened my eyes as I felt his hands on my shoulder helping me to stand up, his face's soft and looking at me with concern but I slapped his hands away.

"Don't touch me." I muttered and tried to stand on my own but got myself back to the ground again "ah!" I yelped and held my ankle.

"Does it hurt?" He's eyes traveled down to my ankle.

Of course it hurts!

"let me see it." He carefully reach over and examines it, I know I should be pushing him away right now but...I was taken aback at his sudden change of behavior.

So this guy has a good side too? I thought.

"We need to massage this part here so the pain won't get worse..." He started to talk about my ankle, explaining here in there but I can't seem to hear it as i'm in my deep thoughts swimming with the tons of questions.