Chapter 9

"Well I still want to see it." I quickly said, and he stopped putting it away. "So you want to try it now?" He asked, handing me one of the packets and opening another. "Of course not!" I accidentally said a bit loudly "[Y/N]!" Shouted Ike in my ear "N-Not! Right now!" I quickly added. "Oh, I see." I shoved the packet in my pocket and stood up. "W-well I gotta get going. It's a bit late now yea? Wouldn't want my friend to worry to much." I stammered, "[Y/N]? What's wrong?!" asked Ike, listening to the way I'm speaking, out of character of me actually. "Aw you're leaving already?" Whines Luca as he gently grabbed my wrist, to which I wiggled out of his grasp. "Yes, sorry but this." I glanced around the room. "Isn't my style, if you couldn't tell." I took a few steps back. 'He knows, I need to get out.' "Let me walk you out at least." He offers. "Alright." I say calmly as we start to head down.

——————————

"Thank you." I looked up at him as he stared down at me with his purplish eyes. "What?" I questioned as he continued to stare. We were now at the parking lot. I glance at the camera in the corner and it was blinking red. 'Ike must be watching quietly, I'm going to be fine.' "Luca?" I called out and he took a step closer to me. "No one, and I mean no one, who really knows me, has ever said my name so freely, unless it's family or close friends. But you, [Y/N] say it so freely and carelessly." He says in a soft tone. He reached out and gently touched the hair on my head. Playing with it between is gloved fingers. "[Y/N] [L/N], leader of the second divisions, of the special backup forces." My pupils dilated "[Y/N!-" shouted Ike in my ear piece but before I could fully hear what he said Luca grabbed it and smashed it to pieces in his hand.

I stood still as if a lion was in front of me. "I didn't think you'd actually do a back ground check on me." I laughed, trying to ease my nerves. "Luca Kaneshiro, the mean and evil Mafia Boss." I paused " though with the interactions we had, you don't seem that mean or evil." I finished and he took another step towards me making me take a step back. "Well that's because I don't need to be in those situations. And I like you." I was about to say some snarky remark but that went out the window as he said the last bit. "P-pardon?" I stuttered. He smiled a toothy smile at me. "I've taken a liking to you, that's all, so long as you don't cross me— I won't do anything to you or your friends!" He said in a happy tone. 'That's more like it.' "Cross you? How." I asked as my shouldered started to relax a bit. "Like turn me in to the police or something. Something that'll make me feel bad or hurt me or make me mad." The last bit sent chills down my spine. "Alright, so all I have to do is make sure I don't do anything that'll get me on your bad side." I shrugged a bit. "But you do know that it's my job to take in people like you right? I kind of work for the police?" I said, placing a hand on my hip.

"Of course, which is why if you need help with anything I'll gladly provide assistance." He smiled with his eyes closed and did a proper curtsy in front of me, a hand out stretched and one on his chest. "Can I ask why you're doing this again?" "Because I simply like you." He stood up straight again. "Can I ask you questions then?" I asked, a little eager to get answers. "Of course, but what do I get in exchange." He shoved a hand in his pocket. "Oh, and what do I get for handing over that drug?" He smiles, and stands there like a dog waiting for a treat.

"Well, what do you want?" I asked, wary of his request. "A hug!" he sad loudly and proudly which made me cough a bit "A h-HUG?" I said a little startled. He just nods at me and stretches his arms out waiting for me to hug him. I groan in response "Alright." I mumble

As soon as I get in arms length from him he grabs and wraps his arms around me, bringing my face to his chest. 'Oh my-' by brain shut down for a second. After a while I forcefully pushed myself off of him letting him go which made him let me go. I gasped for air. "Oh my goodness," I complained. "Sorry I've been wanting to hold you for a while." He says scratching the back of his head. 'Does he know how straight forward he is' "Well you can get going now." He looks at the blinking camera. "Wouldn't want your friend to get to worried now." He looked back at me and smiled.

—————————

I'm now home, slamming the door shut. 'What a drag' I grumbled. I just did my night routine and jumped onto bed. Completely forgetting about dinner and fell asleep.