Chapter 14

The space between us was closed by him as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. 'I'm seriously going to pass out soon'

"You think this is a game?" He questions, in a soft and quiet tone. He takes the earpiece from my ear and turns it off, placing it in his pocket. "I actually feel quite offended," he pauses and stares at me for a bit. "I don't know what other interactions you've had in other relationships, but I'm quite serious about you." My vision finally starts to fade. I give in to it as my body goes limp in his arms, passing out.

————————————

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a white ceiling with gold designs. I tried to move but I immediately stopped as soon as I felt the pain in my shoulder. "I wouldn't move right now if I were you." Said a voice from the side of me.

I turned my head to the source of said voice. "Where am I?" I asked him as he was reading the papers in front of him. He was currently sitting in a chair with a few documents in his hands. "My house." He answers plainly. 'His house?!' "What am I doing here?" I questioned as I continued to look at him. "Well I can't really walk into the hospital, and I could just leave you there." He answers. Recalling the time I helped him the first time.

I turn my head towards the window and realized it was bright out. "What time is it?" I questioned whipping my head back to look at him. "It's 8:00 am." He answered. "What?!" I shout as I force myself up rather quickly, and again immediately regretting it.

I grab onto my shoulder. "Don't worry about going to work, that friend of yours, Ike was it, texted you saying that he'll cover you." I says as he sits on the bed next to me with a hand on my back. "My phone?" I questioned as I look at him.

He handed me my phone. "I was going to give it to you at the club but I sort of lashed out." He scratches the back of his head. "Sorry about that" he apologizes as he grabs my hand still looking away.

The words "I'm quite serious about you" rang through my head. "It's alright." I say quietly as I look at my phone. I got a message from Ike last night saying that I should message him when I can and that he would cover mean during work. 'Thank you so much for Ike' I open his message and answer him.

"Thank you so much Ike, sorry for last night. I'll pay you back when I can." I sent as Luca peeked over my shoulder. "Are you okay? Where are you?" He sent back. "I'm fine and I'm at—" I paused and looked at Luca. "Can I tell him where I am?" I asked and he thought about it for a moment.

"If you let me hug you then sure!" He smiles. "Okay?" I said more as a question than an answer. He quickly got up and moved the pillows behind me and sat in its place. I looked at him with a questioning face and as he sits down behind me he pulls me towards him. Making my back lean up against his chest. "Wha- this isn't a hug!!" I couldn't really struggling.

He placed his chin on my shoulder. "What are you waiting for? Tell him where you are." And so I did which immediately got me a reply that said "you're in the lions den?!" "I'm fine, Ike. You already know what I would do if I was in serious danger." "Yes, yes, just make sure you're okay and we rested I already told Taichou that you caught a cold last night" "Thank you so much Ike."

After I sent that text Luca takes my phone away and placed it on the night stand by the bed. "Hey." I say as he puts his arms around me again, making me unable to reach my phone. He held me gently in his arms. "Who shot you." He asked as he gently touched the wound. I flinched a bit. "What are you going to do if I told you?" I asked as I looked around the room. 'Is that real gold?' "Shoot them of course." I answers with no hesitation. "What if you can't?" I asked another. "You're telling me that I can't do something like that?" He questioned, turning his head to look at me. "Ah, well." I pause for a bit as my eyes wandered to a nice looking vase. "Hm?" He hums. "It was this guy named Kanekuro." I blurt out as I find something else to take interest in, in his room. "Kanekuro? You met him?" He asked.

I carefully wiggled out of his grasp and turned around facing him with my legs crossed. "Yea." I answered. "Well that would be my second time meeting him I guess."

"Second? When was the first?" He asked as he also crossed his legs and leaned against the head board. "Mm, the first time was on the same day I helped you. That cut that was on my face. He missed his shot." I tell him as I fiddle with my fingers. "This time he shot your shoulder." "Yes. He said if I made it out of the club then he would leave me alone but with the few moments I spent with him— I highly doubt that." I added, as I looked up at him.

He sighs "This is why I told you to tell me when you would be going to the club." He had his head in his hand but then he looked up at me. "Stay here." He gets up off the bed. "Wha- surely you're not going to find your brother and shoot him." I stated as I was about to follow him. "Of course not, I'm just going to give him a few good punches." He fixes his clothes as he stands up. "Stay here on this bed. If you move an inch off of this bed—" he threatens but then he pauses "I-I'll— I'll—" I was holding in a laugh. "I don't know what I'll do but you better stay put." He points at me and shouts. He huffs out a breath and then adds "Y-you can move around if you want but stay in this room!" He shouts as he back towards the door slamming it closed.

But as soon as he closes it he opens it again poking his head it. "Wait for me okay?" He has a puppy dog face on. "Yes, yes" I say from the bed. And with that, he leaves closing the door gently.