Chapter 21

It was Kanekuro. "What are you doing bringing a rat to the meeting." 'How rude.' I mentally cursed him in my head, listening to what Luca told me before. "Don't react to anyone, even my brother."

Kanekuro looked amused at me being here. "I don't know what you are talking about." Replied Luca. "Let's see how long this will last. I'm having a good time watching." He smirked and laughed. "I already told you that I'm quite serious about [Y/N]." He says as he turns to face me, grabbed my hand and rubbing it with his thumb. "Yes, yes I heard you the first time." He says, in a playful tone. "If you heard me," he pauses and just turns his head to the side, his eyes looking like they were piercing Kanekuros. "Then get out."
He just smiles and raises his hands in defeat and walks out.

Then as the door closed it felt like all the pressure in the room was release and my knees started to wobble a bit. Luca seemed to have noticed as he pulled me towards him again but this time, he pulled me onto his lap, making me sit on it. "H-hey!" I protested. "Just relax and sit down." He said softly. "Sorry, you had to stand the whole time. You must've felt uncomfortable." He continues to stroke my hair. "It's fine." I say quietly. I slide off of his lap. "Uhm, can I go to the bathroom?" I asked, remembering I saw one across from this room. "Sure, go ahead." He nods as he lets me go.

I hurry out of the room and into the bathroom. 'The bathroom is starting to feel like a safe place for me recently.' I take my mask of briefly t fix myself up and place it back on, in case someone was to walk in. After I was done I walked out.

"Hey!" Shouted that same lady who was glaring at me. Before I could avoid her she grabbed my wrist. 'What do I do?! React?!' Before I could pick which action to do her hand reaches forward to my mask. Before I could grab her hand someone else does. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Ms. Bright." That was Kanekuros voice. I turned my head to look behind me and there he was, his arm over my shoulder to stop the lady in front of me from pulling my mask off.

He was staandkng to close I could feel his breath on my neck. "Why do you care Kanekuro?" She has major attitude problems. "Well I'd not want my dear brother throwing a fit when someone else touches his lover with out him knowing." She lets go of me and snatches her wrist back from the person behind me.

He places a hand on my shoulder. "Now if you'll excuse us, we have to get back to him." He says, a hidden threat in his voice, directed to Ms. Bright. She just clicks her tongue and turns away, walking off to who knows where. "I could've handled that myself." I grumbled to the man behind me, swatting the hand on my shoulder off. "Your probably could but it would be such a hassle if she were to send in a complaint about you, the person who doesn't even work here." He shrugs, and as he does the door to the meeting room opens.

"Let's go home yea?" Is all Luca says, silently telling Kanekuro to get lost. And to my surprise, he walks of with out much thought. I stayed silent though, as we made our way to the car. Luca seemed a bit off, when we took our seats in the car. That's when I asked him "Are you— okay?" I asked, clicking my seatbelt.

I look up at him a she takes a while to answer. "Yes I'm fine." He grumbled. "What's wrong?" I persisted and this time he pouted a she drove out of the parking lot. "I wanted to be the one to help you. But no Kanekuro had to be there." I just laugh as all my stress from tonight flew out the window. "It's not funny." He whined. "I said I'd protect you, not him." He finished. "It's fine." I stated as my laughing came to as stop.

He dropped me off to my house. Before I got out of the car he asked "So have you thought about it?"
"About what?" I asked. "Being my lover." He answered.