Chapter 22

'Oh' I looked at him for a few seconds, but before I could answer "If you don't have an answer ready that's okay! Just tell me when you do."he told me with a small smile on his face as he leaned against the steering wheel. 'He's a bit disappointing.' "I'll wait for you." He finished and I took that chance to get out of the car. We said our silent goodbye and he drove off.

'Ah- what is this feeling in my chest.' Walked into my house, placing the mask on the counter. "I want to say yes- I really do, but." I sighed as I looked in the mirror above the counter. I grabbed the tracker in my bag, "What if I just don't." I said, staring at the box in my hands. "He wouldn't do it to me-" I paused as the pendent shined in the mirror before me. 'He wouldn't put a tracker on me right? Or a listening device- right?' "Yea, he wouldn't." I said out loud grabbing my bad and heading to my bedroom.

I slammed my door shut and threw my bag onto my desk in the corner of the room. 'He wouldn't' I kept repeating those words in my head. "I'm gonna shower first, then I'll do the some work I can here so I have less to do at work." I plan out loud. I take the necklace off and place it on the desk.

I go ahead and shower and change into more comfortable clothing. 'Alright.' I grab my tool box from under my desk and take a seat.

I gently picked up the pendant, observing it. There was a small button. That was when my heart dropped a bit. I decided to stand up before going any further. I walked outside and grabbed my gun that I left on the table in front of the couch.

When I bent down to grab it something caught my attention on the couch. I went over to the couch and grabbed it. 'Luca's wallet. No way he left this on accident.' I sigh as I made my way back to my desk, closing the door behind me.

"He forgot his wallet." I said out loud, sitting on my chair again, staring down at the pendent before me. I played around with it and saw a mic near the button.

I placed a hand over my mouth, trying to prevent myself from reacting to that. I let out a heavy sigh, 'He heard everything. It's not like I placed it on him anyway,' I put my head down on my arms on my desk. 'I'm not scared I'm just sad.' Tears started to form at the corner of my eyes.

'He's part of the Mafia what did I except, even worse he's a boss.' I shot my head up and looked at the clock on the wall. 'Sometimes- sometimes it's okay to run away.' I told myself, as I stood up. I grabbed a paper bag from my drawer and placed Luca's wallet in it along with the necklace in a small ziplock bag.

I decided to write a note. "I didn't know you had to place a certain device on your love interest. That's a bit rude don't you think? I trusted you, I assumed you also trusted me by the way you would actively give me information and how you acted around me. Sorry for assuming that. Don't come looking for me, if you do, you won't get the answer you want." And with that I placed the piece of paper in the paper bag.

I grabbed my bag that had my weapons along with my wallet and keys. I grabbed my helmet from the counter by the door and quietly opened the door. I locked it behind me. I secured my house so that if anyone tried to go in it'll send a message to my watch. I checked the door again and it was firmly closed shut. I sighed and placed the paper bag on the handle.

I rolled my motorcycle away from my house so that the pendent wouldn't pick up the sound. When I thought I was far enough I hopped on and drove to Ike's house, Of course as soon as I get out of my neighborhood it starts to rain. My clothes were now soaking wet. Tears started to form in my eyes again. 'That's- what did I expect seriously.'

-------

I made it to Ike's house and parked my bike inside his garage and knocked on his front door. The rain still hitting me as I waited for the footsteps to arrive at the front door.

"Who is it- [Y/N]!?" He swings the door open and pulls me inside. "What are you doing here? Out in the rain- at night! Did something happen." I look him in the eyes, "Ahh, first let's get you out of these clothes yea?" He pulls me towards the bathroom and tells me to take a hot bath and bed grab me some of his clothes.

After getting out and changing into dry clothes I went to his room. He was sitting in his chair when I walked in. "What's happening?" He turns to face me as I take a seat on his bed, grabbing a stuffed animal he had and hugged it.

I told him about the meeting, the interactions, and finally the pendent.

"[Y/N]" he says my name softly and gives me a hug, rolling his chair closer to the bed. "Where's the tracker that you were supposed to put on him?" He asked letting me go. "In my bag." I muttered. "You didn't put it in his wallet?" He asked softly sitting properly in his chair again. "No- Ike," I paused, stopping my voice from cracking. "He asked me- asked me if I wanted to be his lover- I couldn't give him an answer because of that- I-I-." I paused again. "Ike I like him too." I said it, I finally said it. "I didn't think he would do something like that, I wanted to believe he wouldn't but-" Ike stopped me. "Well you said you'd give him an answer so take your time to think over everything yea? Maybe he had a different reason to give you that." Ike says trying to be positive. "What other reason?" I asked, shoving my face into the stuffed animal before me. "Maybe it was his own way of protecting you or something." He answers with a shrug. He looked at the ticking clock on his desk. "We should head to bed, we have a mission on the morning after all." He says and all I do is nod. "I'll go to the couch." He just nods, I take the stuffed animal with me and grab a pillow and blanket from his closet, heading towards the couch.

I flopped on it as I placed the pillow down and blanket over me. I rest my forearm over my eyes as I try to sleep. "I'm stupid. Of course I'd say yes to you, but- what if you get caught because of me." I muttered as I drifted off to sleep.