Chapter 16

It's been a few weeks now. We've only gotten a few small tasks from the police such as take cars out of trees or help around the community. Luca has been coming to my house almost everyday. The days he wasn't here he would be out doing business. Of course I never asked what he did since I think I could already guess.

"[Y/N]!" Luca shouts from outside of my front door. I look at myself in my mirror. I'm currently wearing my [F/O]. After fixing myself up a bit I walk out of my house, with my side bag that has a lion charm on it. Luca gave it to me when he came back from one of his own missions. I had my gun in my bag along with my wallet and phone.

"Good morning!" He says, holding the door open for me. "You're looking quite nice today." He smirks, as he looked me up and down. A blush creeping up my face. "Y-you too." I responded, locking the door behind me.

Luca is now taking me out on a— "Are you excited for our first date!?" He shouts excited, leading me to his car. "Don't get your hopes up." I muttered, my face still a bit red. "This will be the first time we are going out together!" He's like an excited golden retriever.

We are on the road now. Looking out of the window, watching people walk by, drive by. Sitting in a car and just looking out of the window is very nice. "Where are we going? You still haven't told me." I said, turning my head towards him. "You'll see." He said happily, still having a smile on his face.

Soon we pulled into the parking lot in front of a restaurant. "Woah" I muttered, as he parked the car. "We are here!" He chirps. "Wait!" He suddenly shouts, startling me.

He quickly runs out of the car to my side and opens the door for me. "Thank you." I laughed out.

We walked in towards the restaurant and when we did every worker that saw him bowed towards him and continued their work. I questioned it for a second but dismissed it as he led me to a table in the corner. "You've got a reservation already?" I questioned as I took a seat. He sat in front of me. "You could say that." He smiled. I looked at him for a bit "You didn't— didn't threaten anyone did you?" I questioned. "Wow, I feel like you should know me by now." He pouts. "Of course I didn't. This time." He mumbled the last part.

Luca tried taking me to an amusement park a few days ago and when we got there, I noticed there was no one around. I found a worker and they looked scared out of their mind. I found out he threatened the owner so I insisted we leave, and we did.

A few moments later and a waitress came towards us. "Good evening Boss." Giving a short bow and then gave a soft smile to me. "What drink would you like to have?" She asked and handed us a menu. "I'll have a [F/D]." I answered as I opened up the menu in front of me. Luca said his and as soon as she walked away, I looked up at him. "Boss?" He looked up at me like his ears perked up. "Do you own this restaurant?" He gives a slight smile and nods. "Really?!" "Yes I do!" He answers in the same tone.

"Wow! I knew you cooked good food, but you own a restaurant too? That's amazing." I complemented happily. He just stared at me like he was enchanted or something. "What?" I questioned. "N-nothing! E-e-eat! Let's look at what's available." He averts his eyes and picks up his menu and hides his face. I chuckled to myself. "Okay."

We spoke a bit over the food, just getting to know each other more. But before we completely finished I needed to use the bathroom. "It's there." He points to a door not to far from us. "Thank you." I get up and head there.

As soon as I close the door behind me I pull my phone out and call Ike. As soon as he answers I start squealing a bit. "Oh my— [Y/N] are you alright? Aren't you on your date right now?" He questions. "Yea, I'm in the bathroom right now though. Ike, he owns this restaurant." I placed my phone on the counter and fixed myself up a bit. "Does he now." Says Ike sounding impressed. "Ahah! I'm nervous but this is fun." I say as I finish up. "That's good. Your previous ones— you would've told me to come pick you up already." He laughs. "Yup! Well that's all." I laugh and we say good bye to each other and end the call.

I head back to the table, sitting in front of him again. As I take my seat he smiles up at me, still eating. I start to finish up my food as well.

The waitress comes back and takes our plates away. "That was delicious." I comment. "I'm glad you enjoyed the food." He smiles. "Mhm mhm." I hummed. "Well since you liked it so much—" he slides a black card on the table with the restraints name on it and his name on it. "What's that?" I asked. "Grab it." He answered, and so I did.

"You can come and eat here whenever you want!" He smiles brightly. "I- what? Are you sure you can give this to me." I asked as I looked at the details on the card. "You're name is already on it so why not." He shrugs. "Wha-" I flipped the card over and lo and behold— my name was carved into the back of the black card in gold.
"It's really yours to use as you please. You can eat as many dishes as you want." He stretched out his arms. "Really?! Actually? For real for real?" I asked not fully believing him.

"Yes, for real for real." He answers as he copied my speech. "Oh! I also want to give you this." He stands up and walk towards me. 'What is he—' he pauses as he stand right next to me and grabs something from his pocket. After he grabbed whatever he was searching for. He walks behind me and I bonk myself on the head. 'He's not gonna propose to you silly. You're getting to far ahead of yourself.' I mentally cry from the embarrassing thought I just had.

"This is for you." He says, standing right behind me. "Hm?" I hummed and I saw two gloved hands appear in front of my face, holding a necklace with a [Y/C] pendant. I stayed quiet as I admired the piece of jewelry. "Do you— do you like it?" He sounded worried. "Yes! It's very pretty." I answered. And he cheered behind me.

He bring it down to my neck and puts it on for me. I look down and touch it, still admiring it. "I didn't get you anything." I saw awkwardly, as he sits back in his seat. "That's okay, all you had to do was let me take you out! That's the best gift you could give me." He says loudly, shamelessly. 'Oh my—' "Should we get going now?" And with that he drops me off at home.

I get out of the car but he stays inside. That's when I tell him. "Can you come out here for a second." I ask, bending down towards the window and he tilts his head, but proceeds to get out.

"What is it?" He asked softly, as he walked over to me. "Thank you so much for dinner. And the gifts." I smiled nervously up at him. "You're welcome!" He chirped and as he said that I gave him a hug. I heard his heart beat speed up. "Yay!" He said happily as he wraps his arms around me.
And before he fully lets me go I go up on my tippie toes and give him a kiss on the cheek. "G-goodnight! Get home safely!" I shouted, trying to drown out my own racing heart.

He looked like he was in a daze. "R-right. I-I'll get going now." He says, but as he goes he trips on something causing him to stumble. "W-well bye bye!" He slams the door closed and dives off. I laugh at him as he drove off, trying to shake of my nerves.

—————————

I just got out of the shower and put on some new clothes. When I laid down on my bed I received a text from Ike. "[Y/N], were you by any chance watching who was there outside or inside did the restaurant?"

"No, why?" I'm getting this feeling in my chest. "A picture is sending" and it's not a good feeling.

The picture finally uploaded and what it was made my heart drop.