thoughts; forgotten

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
thoughts; forgotten
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Almost a month passed since I received the framework of my business yet, I didn't get to find the folder of my business plan around the condo and it made me wonder more if I really misplaced it or if somebody took it while my attention was lost. Anyway, it doesn't matter since nag-request na lang din naman ako ng panibagong revision kasi may idadagdag ako sa plano.

"There are no unnecessary movements from them, Ma'am. They're just wandering around the locale of Quezon for now. I retrieved photos from their travel and found these."

I snapped at the voice of the private investigator I hired. Pinakatitigan ko rin ang mga larawang nilapag niya sa lamesa at ang masayang mukha ni Autumn kasama ang kuya ni Gazer sa litrato habang kumakain sila sa parehong lugar kung saan ko unang dinala si Gazer. 

There's nothing to be suspicious about the two of them and seemed like they're enjoying each other's company so well. Aside from that, I didn't really get to form any conclusion about what does Autumn mean by "truth" based on these pictures. It all looks completely normal to me. 

"Just follow them if you can. I'll double your wage." I smiled at the PI as he nodded at me and left the cafe where we're in.

Ako nama'y nagpasyang maupo lang do'n para ubusin ang kape ko at tignang maigi ang kuha ng bawat larawan. Autumn and Marc looked inseparable in the photos; even the way they look at each other is not something a "company" looks like. Halatang may samahan silang hindi matatawag na "pagkakaibigan" lang at isa pa 'yun sa pinaiimbestigahan ko rin.

Autumn looks carefree at the photos as well. It looks so different from back then where she's so distress for me to know the truth. 

What truth does she even mean?

Because of this, I forgot that Gazer has been away for almost a month, too. I thought kasi bigla ko siyang namiss kanina habang nagd-drive ako. I kinda missed not touching the wheels and the doors kasi palagi niya 'yun ginagawa para hindi raw ako mahirapan pagkatapos ng trabaho.

 I don't even need to lift a finger whenever he's present and now that he's not here, it's kinda irritating for me to say that I got too dependent on him. This is not so me but then again, parang wala ako sa sarili nitong mga nakaraang araw nang mapagtanto kong may gusto ako sakanya. Ang dami kong iniisip at hindi siya nagkakamaling sumabit sa lahat ng 'yun. Nakakainis na siya pero ayoko rin namang mawala siya sa isip ko.

I sighed heavily before deciding to visit the construction site of where I planned to had my company built. I drove my way there and while I was on the middle of the traffic, I can't help but reminisce about the first time I dreamed of building everything from scratch. 

I was maybe so young back then when I saw Tita Avara writing a book but didn't get to publish it because most publishing agencies in her time aren't fond of classic romance, fantasy, and mystery with romance subplot books. Her piece was neglected then.   

I promised her that I'll get this built out of courtesy and gratitude for the things she taught me. I even promised her that I'll revise her book and get it published regardless of whether people will like it or not. That's my small compensation for everything she did for us. Sadly, she's not here to see this or witness how my promises go to reality.