Chapter 1- Welcome! Everything Is Fine

I open my eyes and the first thing I noticed was that I'm in some unfamiliar room I've never seen before, there were also a lot of other unfamiliar things about this. 

First of all, my outfit, I was wearing a green and brown oversized flannel on top of a white t-shirt, along with an yellow skirt and black sneakers, and to top it off, a blue butterfly hair clip in the place of the old hair clip I had. I've never really worn anything like this and I regret not doing it sooner because damn I look good. 

Second of all, I was sitting on a couch, and on the wall there was green text that read 'Welcome! Everything is fine.' Which was reassuring and made me feel calm, but at the same time I still had no idea where the hell I was  

This... can't be the Velvet Room, my adventure is already long over and we even made it to the Promised Day, the last thing I remember was being on the school rooftop with Aigis then falling asleep on her lap while hearing the voices of my other friends. Then it hit me. 

Hold up, am I-

I suddenly hear the sound of some kind of door opening and I turn behind me to see a man with white hair and glasses who was wearing a suit with a bowtie.

"Minako? Come on in" He says

I get up from my seat and I was lead to yet another room and I sat at a desk with the man sitting opposite from me.

"Hi Minako, I'm Michael. How are you today?" The man who I now knew as Michael asked.

"I'm good" After I'd said that I decided it'd be the perfect opportunity to ask; "Hey, so uh quick question. Where am I? What is happening?" 

"Right, so, you, Minako Arisato, are dead. Your life on earth has ended, and you are now on the next phase of your existence in the universe"

"Oh, neat!" I nod.

"So... How exactly did I die? Because my memories aren't adding up at all" 

"The thing, is nobody really knows how you died" 

"Wait what?" I ask with my eyes wide "How?"

"You died the day after you fell asleep which really confused everyone as the doctor couldn't find anything unusual symptoms before your death, although it's been speculated that it may have been because of an acute case of severe exhaustion" He stated while looking down at some sort of file. 

"Oh" I say looking down, I mean I guess that makes sense, I remember I felt really exhausted in the days leading up to my death and I did use pretty much all of my power to seal Nyx.

"So uh" I begin while looking up again "One more question, is this heaven or y'know, hell?" 

"Well, it's not the heaven or hell idea you were raised on. But generally speaking, in the afterlife, there's a Good Place and there's a Bad Place" He looks up from the file and smiles before saying "You're in the Good Place. You're ok, Minako. You're in the Good Place"

"That's good" I smile.

"Sure is. Ok, let's take a walk, shall we? You kind of missed the whole introduction segment of this place because you woke up late but I'll help you get caught up with everything"  

- - - -

"So this is how it works" Michael explains, leading me around the neighborhood. "The Good Place is divided into distinct neighborhoods. Each one containing exactly 324 who have been perfectly selected to blend together into a blissful harmonic balance"

The neighborhood looked really nice, definitely feels like my ideal place I'd like to live in. 

"Are all of the neighborhoods the same?" I ask.