Chapter 7- Shirt's Forked

The five of us and Tahani were currently outside of Michael's office, aka the place all of us woke up in, for questioning which is what Eleanor is currently doing.

I had a feeling that things were going to get bad after the sinkhole incident but wow, I didn't think it was going to get this bad. I have a feeling that it's only going to get bad from here, I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just realistic.

Anyways, back to the whole questioning thing. Chidi, Shinjiro and I were all kinda freaked out on what was gonna happen, Shinjiro especially, though he was more good and hiding it.

As for Tahani and Jason, Tahani was mad at Eleanor for lying to everyone, and Jason was "meditating".

Third Person POV with Eleanor and Michael

After Janet kept on spawning various cacti, Michael put a glowing cube on his desk as kind of a lie detector for the questioning.

"I need to understand every facet of this disaster. Tell me a lie about yourself. Any lie" Michael asked.

"I love the opera" Eleanor said in response.

The cube then turned a glowing red and made a low tone.

"And now a truth"

"I love woman's MMA"

Then it turned green and made a bright tone.

"We don't like to use this" Michael admitted. "We've never really had a call for it before you, but in the interest of time. Eleanor, did you murder Janet?"

"No, I did not" She answered.

Green.

"Do you know who did?"

"Yes"

Green.

"Will you tell me who it was?"

"No"

Green, once again.

"I assume it was one of your friends, and I admire you for protecting them. But Eleanor, in the Good Place, there's no room for bad people or bad actions, so anyone involved in the murder of Janet will be reviewed and judged, and there will be consequences" Michael explained.

Minako's POV

A few minutes later we hear the door to Michael's office open, Eleanor walks out and Tahani gets called in.

"Imposter who soiled our paradise with her moral turpitude" Tahani said to Eleanor as she went into Michael's office.

"Sup?" Eleanor replies.

"Thank you for confessing, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't" Chidi thanked.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm amazing. Bad news" Eleanor starts. "Michael knows I didn't kill Janet which means it's only a matter of time before he finds out Shinjiro did it because he was trying to stop Bonehead Jones over here" She points to Jason.

"Hey, homies!" He calls.

"Then he'll figure out Jianyu's also a phony, and that you and Minako were helping me out, and, here's the real dong-buster, Michael said anybody who did anything bad might have to go"

"What?" Shinjiro asks with shock in his voice.

"Which means that all one of the five of us might be gone with me, and we're all royally forking forked!" Eleanor exclaimed.

"So what the hell am I supposed to do if he asks me" Shinjiro asks.

"I don't know. Kant would say, who's a philosopher if you don't know, that lying is wrong in every scenario, so if Michael asks you if you killed Janet, you should say yes. On the other hand, snitches do get stitches" Eleanor says, to which Shinjiro nodded.