Chapter 22- Alter Egos

I don't know how long it's exactly been, but we were still riding the train. It wasn't like we could look outside or anything to see where we were because we were literally riding a train through nothingness, if you were to look outside the window, it'd just be black.

"You alright there, chief? You look like you just lost your lucky bookmark or something." Eleanor says to Chidi as she takes a seat beside him.

"Oh no. Did I?" He asks himself as he rummaged through his pockets. "It's fine. Got it right here. It's just now that we're actually on the train, heading to Bad Place headquarters, this plan is starting to feel slightly... completely insane. This is the only way to get to the Judge?"

"I'm afraid so. Yes." Michael answers. He then pulls out a hologram for visualization. "See, the Judge exists in sort of a neutral zone, separate from the Good Place and the Bad Place. The only things there are the Judge's quarters, the accounting department, and the Janet warehouse. No, there's also an IHOP."

"Dope! I'm gonna order the Rooty Tooty Fresh N' Fruity!" Jason says with a smile on his face and excitement in his voice.

"No. sorry, um... In this realm, IHOP stands for 'Interdimensional Hole of Pancakes.' You don't really eat these pancakes, it's more like they eat you."

"Ok, I'll get eggs then."

"So, the only way to get to the Judge is through a portal, which is smack dab in the middle of the main office at Bad Place Headquarters. And the only way through the portal is with one of these." He pulls out a small pin looking thing.

"What is that? Is that jewelry? Not that it matters. It's just some jewelry I don't have. Can I have it?" Tahani asks.

"These pins are very hard to come by, only upper management types have them. So you guys will lay low while I get us six more. Janet doesn't need one, because for portals she counts as a carry on."

"I'm luggage." She says with a thumbs up.

"I had Janet make you each a Bad Place disguise. And everyone who worked in the neighborhood has been sent back to their previous department. So the chances of you being recognized are very small." As he says all that, clothes appear in Janet's hands, she gives one to the six of us.

"I don't know. This plan seems complicated." Jason says as he looks at his clothes.

"To be fair, you also once said that about an orange." Eleanor replies.

"They don't make sense! Apples, you eat their clothes. But oranges you don't?"

"You mean the peels?" I ask.

"Forget this plan! I say we just huck a Molotov cocktail and... whew! Run through the portal."

"As much as I respect your explosive based problem solving skills, I think we should go with Michael's plan." Chidi suggests.

"I'm telling you, Molotov cocktails work. Anytime I had a problem and I threw a Molotov cocktail, boom! Right away, I had a different problem."

"He makes a strong case." Eleanor says to Chidi.

- - - - - -

We all changed into the clothes that we were given, I was wearing a light pink dress and to be honest, I think I looked pretty good in it.

"Ok, now you're all gonna need aliases." Michael says.

"Cool. I'm gonna be... Diana Tremaine. That was the name on my fake ID in High School. Her address was 123 Whatever Street, Canada City, Canada. Arizona bouncers are the best." Eleanor says.

"Character work! Such fun. I actually dabbled in a bit of acting after university. Although mostly I just stood around while Baz Luhrmann just threw glitter on me." Tahani explained. "Ooh, I shall be Rhonda Mumps. And I work down at the hot dog factory." She says the second part in an American accent.