Chapter 13- Welcome! Everything Is Great

That's when I notice something on the table. I walk up to the table and I see a note, so, automatically, I pick it up.

'In the bedroom'

"Do I want to?"

Despite my feelings, I decide to just go to the bedroom, or, my room, I should say. That's when I saw another note on the bed.

'Inside the nightstand'

Taking a deep breath, I open the drawer of the nightstand.

"Wh-!"

"Holy crap, is that a gun?!" I exclaim.

I hear a "Bing!" sound and then Janet appears.

"Hi there, I notice that you found what I left for you"

"Huh? Janet, you're the one who left this?"

"That is correct" She says with a nod.

"Why though?" I ask as I pick up the gun to take a further look at it. "And what the hell is a SEES?"

"I'm sorry, I can't tell you that. That is for you to find out on your own"

I opened my mouth to say something else, but she stopped me before I could.

"Oh, right. It's almost time for the Welcome Party. You should get going, and I will take my leave" Janet says with a smile before disappearing.

"Ah, dang it" I groan, then decide to put the gun back where I found it and closed the drawer. 

I'll try to find out more about it later, but for now, I should get going for the Welcome Party. 

*Timeskip*

It's been quite some time since I arrived here at the party. 

Due to the fact that I'd pretty much talked to just about everyone here, I was now sitting at one of the stools near the bar, not having any alcohol, of course, since I'm 17 and will stay that age forever. Crazy thought, to be honest.

"Hey, I was gonna give these to you but you look underage, are you?" A woman with blonde hair asks, walking up to me with drinks in her hands.

"Yeah" I answer.

"Ah, darn it. Everyone's been trying to get me drunk for some reason" She says while taking a seat next to me.

"What? Why?"

"Hell if I know" She shrugs. "Oh, right. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Eleanor Shellstrop, what's your name?"

"Minako Arisato" 

"Cool, cool" Eleanor says while nodding.

We both sit in silence for a few seconds, and then Eleanor talks again.

"Welp, anyways, I'm gonna leave now, I have an hour long speech that's happening soon and I need to prepare for it" She says while getting up from her chair. "I'll just leave these drinks here in case anyone wants them. See ya"

"Wait, I don't think anyone is going to take those drinks if they're just right there- Aaaaaand she left. Wonderful"

As if on cue, to her saying her speech is happening soon I hear, "Attention, everyone! Speech time!"

We all gathered around the middle of the room where Michael and Eleanor were standing.

"I've asked our top point-getter, here, to say a few words. So, take it away, Eleanor!" Michael exclaimed.

Then everyone broke out in applause. 

"The dictionary defines 'best' as being-"

"Oh, God, boring!" A girl who I haven't talked to yet, who I'm pretty sure was drunk, came and pushed Eleanor out of the way. "I'd like to say a few words"