Chapter 4- The Doomsday Crisis

Do you ever accept an offer to help someone out out of obligation and because you're a slight people pleaser, only to realize that you may have just made one of the biggest mistakes of your entire life? Because I just did. Let me explain;

So about a few hours ago I was outside, as per usual, and I decided to visit the frozen yogurt store as they had a couple of new flavors and I wanted to check them out, while I was eating Michael and Tahani come up to me and tell me that Michael is looking for an assistant of some sort to help him figure out the problems with the neighborhood and they thought I'd be perfect for the job.

I accepted because as I mentioned before I felt obligated to, then when they left, the realization of what I just done hit me as I offered to help Eleanor keep her secret and it feels as I just betrayed her.

I haven't told her just yet and I know I should probably do it soon.

"Ah screw it, I should do it now"

All of a sudden I hear the sound of an alarm, then my TV turns on and Michael appears on screen.

"Good afternoon. As you all may remember, a sinkhole opened up recently in the town center. The situation, sadly, has worsened. Starting right now, no one may go outside under any circumstances. Leaving your homes could result in catastrophic damage, to you and the very fabric of the universe. Ok, bye" Then the screen turns off.

...

"Well, son a b-"

A few minutes earlier (Third Person POV)

"Hi there! We have a Category 55 Emergency Doomsday Crisis" Janet says chiming in while Michael and Tahani were talking.

Michael's expression turns into a slightly shocked one, "A Category 55 Emergency Doomsday Crisis?"

"Mhm" Janet nods.

"Sorry, what is a A Category 55 Emergency Doomsday Crisis?" Tahani asks while looking at both Michael and Janet.

"It's nothing, it's a tiny little inconvenience. Tahani, dear, could you show us to a private room where no one can see or hear us, even if I yell very loudly out of fear?"

After Tahani leads Michael and Janet into a private room, Janet pulls out a triangular device, she turns it on and a hologram depicting the sinkhole appears, to which Michael gasps upon seeing it.

"It appears that the sinkhole is not repairing itself" Janet stated.

"This is very bad, Janet. We have to go into the sinkhole and fix it by hand. Get the tools"

"Sorry, can I be of any service?" Tahani asks while walking in the room.

"Ah, Tahani. Didn't see you there. Uh, no, no. We're just having a slight problem with the enormous sinkhole" Michael says while turning around.

"Yes. I meant to tell you- I walked past it last night and I actually saw it get a little bigger" Tahani mentions, to which Michael let out a scream.

"It got bigger?" He asks. "Ah, well, that's- That's so normal. Um, this is the reaction I have when things are incredibly mundane and expected. I'm gonna leave now... At my regular pace, as I do in most scenarios" He says, clearly trying to cover up his shock.

Minako's POV

It's been about half an hour since we got the announcement for the whole "Category 55 Emergency Doomsday Crisis" as they called it.

I've kind of just been doing various things around my house in order to pass the time.

And by various things I mean house chores since they are the most time consuming things.

My house isn't too big or too small either so it probably won't take me that long to finish, hopefully I'll be done by the time this whole Doomsday Crisis is over, even though there's not really any way to tell when it will be.

Speaking of the Doomsday Crisis, we all know that it was caused by the sinkhole, so I wonder how and what Eleanor is doing. Along with Chidi, Jason and Shinjiro.

Actually, scratch that, I know for a fact that Shinjiro is most likely playing Nintendogs.

Fast forward to another half an hour, I was done with the chores. Just as I thought it didn't take me that long to do everything.  

Seems that the Doomsday Crisis isn't over yet, huh?

Well house chores was the only plan I had to pass the time through the entire thing.

Oh well, I guess all that's left to do now is resort to napping for a very long time until there's an update of some sort, which is exactly what I'm gonna do.

*Timeskip*

I wake up to the sound of the alarm, the same one I heard when the whole lockdown due to the crisis was announced. So automatically, I run downstairs to see what's new.

"It's now save to go outside. It's now safe to go outside. It's now safe to go outside" Michael announces appearing on screen.

Nice! 

I guess that means everything's back to normal.

The first thing I decide to do is go outside and into the town and just as expected it's crowded with people. I then spot Michael.  

"I'll tell ya, it's good as new. Go ahead, if you want just- here. Woo! See? You can jump up and down on it" He cheers.

"Hey, Michael" I say walking up to him. "So, I see you fixed the sinkhole"

"Yep, good as new. Crisis averted. Everybody have a wonderful day because I fixed the sinkhole."

"I didn't fix the sinkhole" He whispers while turning to face me.

"Wait what?" I ask.

"I tried and tried, but nothing worked. And then all of a sudden... This morning just out of the blue, it just- whoop! It closed over"

"Oh, well I mean, that's a good thing isn't it?"

"No, this is terrible news! I have no idea what caused it, Minako. And no idea what fixed it. I want you to come in my office first thing in the morning. You and I are gonna solve this problem" 

Welp... I'm officially screwed.

(A/N) Hey, thanks for reading chapter 4 of this book. I don't really have anything to say for this one, so uh. I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye.