Chapter 3- Should I Really Have Agreed To This?

I was currently making my way to Shinjiro's place as we made plans to hang out around this time.

Speaking of houses and stuff, one thing I noticed so far is how quiet it seems alone, I guess it makes sense though considering I lived in a dorm with other people for a year. I wonder how long it will take me to get used to this.

After arriving I knocked on the door, but there was no answer.

That's weird... I hear something coming from the inside.

"Hey! Shinjiro, you in there?" I say while knocking again.

Still no answer, the door is conveniently unlocked too.

Y'know what I'm just gonna come in.

I see Shinjiro sitting on the couch with something that looks to be a handheld console.

"Hi" I greet him.

After I'd said that he looked shocked while he started fumbling with the thing in his hands before setting it behind him.

"Woah, hey" I say while putting my hands up.

"How did you get in here" He asks.

"You uh, left your door unlocked" I answer while putting my hands back at my sides.

"Damn it" I hear him muttering under his breath.

"What were you doing?" I ask.

"Nothing" He replies.

"I saw you with something" I deadpan.

"Alright, I'll tell you" He starts. "I asked Janet for a DS to play Nintendogs on"

"Wow... I didn't know you were into games like that"

I see him opening his mouth to reply but then we hear a "Ding!" sound, and Janet appears all of a sudden, to which we both automatically jump back.

"Fun fact! Remember the Wii you guys had back at the dorm? Well, if you went very far in the menu page you'd see the game Cooking Mama, and every night at 3AM Shinjiro would go down to play it" She says all that before leaving.

"Goddammit..." Shinjiro grumbled.

"Heh, you know, this kind of reminds me of that one time with-"

"Please don't remind me" He interrupts.

I laugh a little before saying;

"Anyways, mind if I watch you play?"

After I'd said that we heard the "Ding!" sound once again.

"Also there's a few people who want to meet you at The Town Square" And then she leaves once again.

"Guess we'll play after whatever the hell this is" Shinjiro says while getting up from his seat on the couch.

"Yeah, we should probably get going" I nod.

Meanwhile at The Times Square... (Third Person POV)

"Are we really about to do this right now?" Chidi asks while looking at Eleanor and Jianyu.

"Yeah we are, you said that you couldn't help Jason and I keep our secrets by yourself so we're getting two accomplices to help us out" Eleanor says.

"Meaning you pretty much asked for this" Jianyu agrees.

"I know that but couldn't you have at least picked two different people besides the youngest people in the entire neighborhood?"

"Like who?" Eleanor asks.

"Oh, I don't know, someone at least in their twenties!" Chidi exclaims.

"Dude! Quiet down a little, you're gonna attract attention to us!" Eleanor says slightly raising her voice.