Chapter 15- Team Cockroach

Minako's POV

"Yeah, no, uh... We're on the same page." Michael said.

"What?" Eleanor asked.

"I want to team up with you guys." Michael admitted.

"What? Why? You do? Huh?"

"I'm in a bit of a bind here, and I could use a bit of back-up, or as Jason put it, um, I need a new dance crew. So what do you say? New best friends?"

Jason made a thumbs up with a smile.

"Stop it." Eleanor quietly said as she slapped Jason's hand away.

"Hold on. You want to team up with us?  You've been torturing us and lying about it, you think we want to team up with you just like that? Don't make me laugh, ash-hole." Shinjiro said with anger in his voice.

"Let's not get all caught up on who lied to who or which one of us created an entire fake reality in order to cause eternal misery for others. That's ancient history. 

"It was all happening until 20 seconds ago." Chidi spoke.

"The point is that..." Michael took a step forward, and we all took a huge step back he did.

"Circumstances changed. And now, all of us teaming up is the best option." Michael appeased."

"How convenient for you..." I quietly say.

"I love being on teams!" Jason beamed as he put his arms around us. "Oh, we need a team name. Um... The Bobcats."

"Great." Michael replied as he pointed to Jason.

"Slow down, ding dong." Eleanor said to Jason. "He wouldn't offer us a deal for no reason. He needs us. Why?" She asked Michael.

"Because, as you said, you keep beating me. Look, I built this neighborhood as a way to torture the six of you psychologically for thousands of years. And you keep figuring it out and taking all the fun out of it." He explained.

"Fun?" Chidi asked in shock.

Gosh, the more I listen to this guy talk, the more messed up I find him. He seriously wants to team up with us because we ruined his fun of torturing us?

"Today, there was a new development that really chapped my nips. One of my employees is blackmailing me. Vicky. She runs the clam chowder place in the main square. A Little Bit Chowder Now."

"Oh, the place with the-the chowder fountain." Tahani said.

"No, that's Pump Up The Clam. A Little Bit Chowder now has the lazy river of chowder." Eleanor corrected. "Ugh! How did we ever think this was the Good Place?"

"Vicky thinks that she can run this neighborhood better than I can. And she wants to start her version in 30 minutes. I am supposed to reboot you, erase your memory, and turn control over to her."

"How are we supposed to team up with you if you wipe our memories again?" Chidi asked.

"Easy. I'm not going to. You're going to act like you've been rebooted and pretend that Vicky and the others are torturing you. But then, on your own time, in private, you can study ethics, ogle mailmen, do whatever you want."

"Can I play iPad?" Jason asks Michael with a whisper.

"Sure you can, buddy."

"Yes!" Jason beamed.

"Guys, there's no debate here. My boss gave me two chances to make this work. Suffice to say, I tried more than two times. If he finds out we're all in hot water. Literally. They will boil us. We will be the main ingredient in a chowder of pain."