Chapter 6- Trauma

(A/N) *Crashes through window* Ya'll ready for some ANGST?

Warning: This chapter contains things like panic attacks, mentions of trauma and implied PTSD

"But there's no escaping it. The problem... is me" He says pointing to himself.

Everyone else gasped meanwhile I just had an expression of both shock and confusion

"And now... I have to leave you... forever"

"Michael, you can't be the problem" Tahani speaks up.

"Oh, but I am" Michael counters. "You see, architects aren't supposed to live in the neighborhoods they design, but I love humans, so I-I wanted to try. I see now that was a mistake" He explains.

"My meddling is the one true constant in all our disasters. I tried to force Jianyu into opening up, which caused a sinkhole to open up. I kicked a puppy into the sun, and garbage rained down. I underestimated the number of shrimp needed for the opening night party, and what flew through the sky the next day, taunting me for my failures? I'm sorry, everyone. I'm truly sorry" He apologizes. 

"Janet? Please call me a train to escort me into retirement. You see, the only way in and out of a neighborhood is by train, and Janet is the one who can operate them. Oh, my dear Janet. Will you be ok after I leave?"

"Yes. This will not affect me in any way" Janet says, to which I tried my best to not burst into laughter as this is the most inappropriate time to do so.

"Jeez, show some compassion" Eleanor says from beside me.

"Well, I can't feel sad, but here is my best approximation of human crying" Janet starts.

And yeah, that's exactly what she does, tries to imitate crying.

"Oh, Janet, that was beautiful" Michael compliments.

"Yeah"

The meeting ended there but I, along with Shinjiro, Eleanor and Chidi just stayed there in our seats, well, actually, I was the one who stayed and the others didn't want to leave me behind, But anyways, I was trying to process everything as this was all really shocking.

Eventually, Chidi breaks the silence by asking, 

"Uh, Minako, did you say something to him to make him do this somehow?"

"No! I swear on my afterlife I didn't do anything" I exclaim while raising up my hands in the 'surrender' sign.

"Guys, guys, this is good news. Michael's gonna get a chill retirement, which, frankly, from what Minako told us, he desperately needs, and I can finally relax. It's forking perfect" Eleanor says.

"No, no, it's forking terrible" Shinjiro counters while shaking his head.

"Yeah, Shinjiro's right. Michael's wrong. He's not the problem" Chidi agrees.

"Well, Michael did bring me here, which was the mistake that led to all the other problems. So, in that sense, he is the real problem. Ha! How do you like them ethics? I just ethics'd you in the face, Chidi!" Eleanor exclaims.

"It doesn't change the fact that we weren't truthful. There's an old Chinese proverb... 'Lies are like tigers. They are bad'" Chidi explains.

"Is, uh, that it?" I ask.

"It's more poetic in Mandarin" He tells me.

"Look, Michael is retiring. He's gonna be on an angel boat somewhere, smoking moonbeam cigars. Now, Tahani is throwing him a goodbye party. Let's go help out" Eleanor says, getting up from her seat.