Chapter 14- Negotiation With A Demon

(A/N) Instead of my usual First Person POVs in chapters, this chapter will be Third Person POV instead. However, it'll go back to normal in the next chapter. 

"This is the daily notes log for attempt number three of my neighborhood experiment." Michael said as he sat on his office desk and spoke into a microphone. "Obviously, I hope and assume this will be the final version. No, I know it will be. All the kinks have been worked out. This is the one. After I pull this off, they're gonna hang my picture in the Bad Place Hall of Fame next to the guy who invented bees with teeth" He confidently says.

- - - - - - 

Day 128

"Michael, what do we do here?" Chidi asked with panic in his voice.

There was some glowing pink thing in Eleanor's house and Michael said that out of the group (Minako, Shinjiro, Eleanor, Chidi, Jason and Tahani) one of them had to go inside as the Bad Place caught one of them and if one them them don't go, they're gonna take all of them. 

"I can't go. I'm too young to die, and too old to eat of the kids menu. What a stupid age I am!" Jason exclaimed.

"I'd never survive down there. They should take Eleanor. She's a pear shape. She'd fit right in." Tahani said.

"Oh, excuse me. You wish you could have a bite of this pear." Eleanor retorted.

"I'll go. I deserve to go. You guys deserve to stay." Chidi suggested.

"Chidi, you're not going." Eleanor said.

Everyone started arguing with each other until Eleanor let out a gasp. She then walked forward, then turned back around to face the group

"Holy forking shirt. You guys, don't you get it? Michael is torturing us. That's why our lives have been so miserable since we got here. This isn't the Good Place. It's the Bad Place."

Michael laughed the same he always did, before saying. "Ahh, farts." Then snapping his fingers.

- - - - - - 

Michael was back in his office, speaking in the same microphone he did before.

"Ok, attempt number 11. Let's focus on the positives. Eleanor always hates her house. Tahani always hates Eleanor. Jason hates being quiet. Chidi immediately gets a stomachache. Shinjiro is always being his little asocial self. Minako is... well, just Minako. But the torture seems to be working with her. So there's a lot to work with here." 

- - - - - -

Day 43

"You guys ready for our lesson?" Chidi asked. "We're talking Dave Hume today, bundle theory of the self, baby."

"Sounds like a real banger, but you guys gotta scram. My soul mate has some sort of surprise planned for me, and he seems very excited." Eleanor says as she walked up to the front.

"Well, you two are certainly getting along very well these days." Tahani acknowledged.

"Yeah, I'm actually kind of into Sebastian lately. I mean he's a little hokey, but he's growing on me a bit."

"Ooo, nice. I hope everything goes well for you guys." Minako smirked.

"Thanks, Minako."

*Timeskip*

Eleanor's surprise was apparently a three-hour-spoken-word jazz opera. Eleanor hated it, so much so that she interrupted it immediately and stood up.   

"Ok, no, no."

"What?" Sebastian asked.

"No version of heaven for anyone would include three hours of... this. We're in the Bad Place, aren't we?"