- IX -

"Why are you looking at me like it's my fault?" Rio asked.

"Whose fault is it then? Mine?"

"It's Chicago's, if he didn't said those words like that then I wouldn't have erupted."

"You're really immature." Verona says walking away from Rio but Rio had pulled her to the outside the office. "Get off of me Rio!"

"Why do you always take Chicago's side?"

"Because he's not childish like you Rio."

"How can worrying about the police knowing my identity be childish?"

"The police will eventually know our identities! Why?! Because it's their fucking job!"

"I'm starting to think that you're only saying that because you favor Chicago." Rio scoffs. "Why? Did he did you better than I did?" Rio seems to have realized what he said and looked at Verona. Her eyes brimming with anger. "Vero---"

"Don't even dare say a thing. From now on, you don't exist for me anymore."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Someone's opening the door." Verona quickly runs back to the office as she heard Oslo saying that someone is opening the door.

"The selected ones will carry out some special mission." Berlin says instructing Tokyo, Rio, Verona and Helsinki to go out and take care of Denver, Moscow and Chicago along with some hostages on their side.

"You're currently putting the hostages and yourselves at risk. Drop your weapons right now." Seon Woojin says thru a megaphone.

"We don't intend to fight. We will retreat peacefully, so you drop your weapons." Tokyo shouts taking the lead of this special mission.

"Verona is it true? She's alive?" Moscow asked.

"Chicago's not the one to kill someone. You should know that despite the conflicts he has with you. His still your son."

"We just pretended she's dead and hid her in the basement." Denver says, Rio who have heard them went closer and asked Denver to repeat what he had said.

"Is what you just said true?" Rio who overheard asked.

"So what? So, you can snitch to Berlin again like a pussy?" Chicago says angrily.

"You shithead."

"Chicago, that's enough. Don't waste your energy with someone like that." But none of them listened to Verona and instead they started fighting again sending Rio's gun to the Director's way.

"Freeze you, assholes! I'll shoot if you move." The Director said. "Don't come any closer! Drop your guns!"

"What are you doing? Drop your gun now."

"Tokyo, down." Verona whispered to her.

"What?"

"Just fucking listen to me Tokyo!"

"Drop your guns." Tokyo ordered. "On your knees." Everyone followed Tokyo's order, dropping on their knees and as the Director points the gun at Verona, a gunshot was loudly heard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If a bullet hit a vital organ like the brain, heart, or major artery there's almost nothing we can do in terms of first aid, but for soft tissue injuries, it will be helpful to learn first aid. Nairobi, Let's say Denver got shot here." The Professor says pointing Denver's right side. "You'd need to know which major organs are in here to understand the extent of damage."