- XIV -

"Is there any problem here?" Verona asked as she held the Director's wrist, stopping him from hitting Misun. "You know, I still haven't forgotten what you did back there." She continued pertaining to the little exhibition the Director had pulled resulting for her to get shot.

The director on the other hand was quivering in fear as Verona held him tightly almost breaking every bone he has. He was wondering how can a small young girl like her can be that strong.

"Stop bothering her about nonsenses." Verona says coldly, the Director immediately nodded and went to pick up the necklace Misun threw at him then eventually leaves both Verona and Misun. "Are you okay?" she asked Misun. "Sorry about the last time, if it wasn't for me you wou---

"It's fine. You and your boyfriend took care of me so, let's just forget that." Misun says as she nodded at Verona who gave her a small smile.

"Wait... What boyfriend?" Verona asked but Misun was already gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"At noon a police officer will come in to see if all the hostages are safe. Your families became worried after hearing the gunshot. So, we've made exception. So please cooperate." Tokyo says walking back and forth in front of the hostages.

"How about the dead policeman?" Anne bravely asked. "Shouldn't you at least give them his body?"

"What body? Did something happen?" Verona innocently asked as she was going the down the stairs with Berlin beside her. "Do you know something about this Berlin?"

Everyone stood frozen. Berlin alone was already and the same goes for Verona, but them standing together was definitely something else. It was like Antarctica inside the Mint as the two of them oozes with cold aura.

"We were just having a little shooting practice." Berlin answered.

"Director?" Verona called. "Do you know anything?"

"No. Ma'am."

"May I say a few words?" Berlin asked which Tokyo nodded at. "It's a little late but let me introduce myself. My name is Song Jungho. I'm 41 years old. I was born in Taechon, Pyongan Province." Verona who's beside him frowned thinking why he was telling his life story to the hostages. "When I was nine, I was caught escaping North Korea and spent 25 years in a prison camp. I won't get into details how I got out of there. But now everyone knows my real identity, there's much higher chance I'll get caught even I get out of this place." Berlin went down the stairs leaving Verona who decided to sit down instead of following him. "This is not only a punishment for myself for threatening you this whole time but also a warning." Berlin continues. "My colleagues will continue treating you humanely, but I've got nothing to lose now. So, you'd better not do anything stupid."

"There'll be a camera in here too. Your families haven't seen you in a while so you'd better go and wash up."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's time." Rio says informing Verona. "We'll be fine right?"

"I have faith, we're headed in the right direction." Verona says before she faces Rio. "Take a close look at the cameras, okay?" She added patting Rio's cheek before putting her mask on to meet Berlin at the lobby. Verona stood beside Helsinki as Seon Woojin sat down to check the hostages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Once you have been checked go to the exhibition hall and rest." Verona overhears Tokyo as she went to get the first hostage.

"You're up first, troublemaker." Verona says pertaining to the Director.

"Hey you." Denver who's watching the hostages calls as the Director walked pass him. "Don't do anything stupid okay?" The director nodded at him as both Verona and Tokyo pushed him to move forward.

"First, I want to apologize for our friendly fire. How's your wound?" Woojin asked as the Director stood in front of her.

Time flies and Woojin has been asking each and every hostage the same question. What was the gunshot yesterday about? Was there anyone shot? And the likes. Verona had numerously rolled her eyes as she gets bored of the same questions.

"Verona, go get Anne for me please." Berlin says. Verona nodded at him and went back inside where the hostages are and went to look for Anne. She has her head hung low when Verona entered.

"Hey, Anne." Verona calls, Anne immediately looked at her. "Let's go."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anne stood in front of Woojin, as nervousness consume her. Verona was intently looking at her, feeling the tingling of her senses, indicating something wrong.

"Nice to meet you. Are you doing, okay?" Woojin asked.

"Yes."

"If you have anything to say to your family, go ahead."

"Mom, Dad. I..." Anne started but the little girl couldn't even form a sentence as she cried. "I'm sorry." Woojin came to her rescue as she started rubbing Anne's shoulders to make her stop crying. Anne was about to make the biggest mistake of her life when Verona grabbed her wrist. Eyes piercing at her.

"It looks like she's too emotional. We should let her get some rest." Verona says as her grip at Anne's wrist grew tighter.

"Good idea. Come on." Berlin says nodding at Verona, he sensed something was up when Verona stepped in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was quite a performance back there." Verona says, danger on her tone as she threw Anne against the wall. "Give it to me." She says as she forcefully gets what Anne was holding, but Berlin was the one who got his hands on it.

"Such a clever little move you made."

"Whose idea it is?" Tokyo asked.

"I planned it myself so you can all fuck yourselves."

"Who planned it?" Berlin asked pulling Anne by her jumpsuit, only for Verona to stepped forward hitting Berlin's hand away.

"Nice try, but this ends here." Verona says leaning forward to whisper at Anne. "Don't try and test my patience. I won't care if your Anne Kim, Anne Lee, Anne Park or whatever Anne you are. I still haven't forgotten that little kissing moment you had with my boy. So, watch it." Verona says whispering really close at Anne. "Helsinki, take her."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------