momma i'm in love with a criminal

ERIN's POV
I had just gotten coffee and was headed back to my car. If i'd gotten my drink any later, I'd be late for class. I had decided not to dorm this year since parties got in the way. There was no "work"/life balance. Now, I had some separation. I felt like I had an actual life apart from school. I can buy this coffee and befriend the barista, find a program printed on a flyer that was pasted to the door, meet friends, find love.

I have a life. I mean, I drink coffee now! It counts for adulting.

As I'm adjusting the lid on my coffee I hear someone yell. They're female and had a slight scratchy screaming voice.

"Fuck 12!" I hear their footsteps get quicker and closer. I barely catch a glimpse of their figure as she comes running towards my direction.

I look up to see a girl yelling at two police officers. They were all running out of the alleyway in the side of the coffee shop. 

She had white colored skin and black hair with bangs. She was wearing a black oversized hoodie and black sweats to match.

The woman stopped running and turned to her side, looking me up and down. She's kinda hot.

"Hey, pretty girl. Sorry about that." She says, in regards to my almost spilled coffee.

"It's fine." I reply with a small chuckle.

"Put your hands up! You're under arrest-" She interrupts the cop.

She turns to them with her hands up
and looks directly at the officer. She has a smug smile on her face as she tries to explain.

"Look this is a misunderstanding-"

The officer cuts her off by grabbing her right hand and swinging it behind her back for an arrest. She rolls her eyes. She clearly wanted a chance to explain herself, I assume it was a good reason since she wasn't too worried about getting caught. The officer pushes her as she attempts to resist. She licks her lips and winks at me before the officer pulls her away.

She forces herself away from them once again, to talk to me.

She says a simple, "Call me." with a smile before they pull her away once more.

As they lead her to the cop car, I sneak down the alley to find where they came from. I notice some spray cans. She probably got arrested for vandalism. I look up and see the mural she mentioned before. Its mostly finished and its really pretty. It was clear that this was a social justice mural. Whatever her reason, I hope she doesn't get in too much trouble. She's doing such good work for this community.

I looked around for a bag or something that could've belonged to her. I don't know what it was that made me want to have her back. Maybe it was the fact that she wasn't making some bullshit graffiti with profanities. She's a good person. The face is, I know how it is to be arrested for wanting what's right.

I put most of her cans inside the bag. I found one of her business cards in the pocket of the bag. It had her phone number but I left it there since an officer was not approaching me. Her name was Billie O'Connell. I found her phone on top of a spray can. I quickly put that in my pocket before the officer got close. I swung the bag over my shoulder and stood up to greet her.

"Ma'am what are you doing here? Are you aware that this is evidence?" She tells me.

I glance at the cop car. Sydney was watching through the window.

"Hi, I know that woman you just arrested. I would like yo know the reason."

"Sorry only family members can know such things." The officer explains.