ISPY 3

SYDNEY's pov
It's been two months since I last saw Billie. I still can't process it. Since then, I've been promoted to head spy. Though I prefer not working here at all, this is better than the position I was in before. Everyone follows my lead and I tend to follow less violent routes. They gave me new gadgets but I prefer to go old school. I still have to use the updated ones and new technique which kinda sucks.

About Billie, I've asked my dad what to do and he says that if I love her and that if she was trying to be loyal, then I should protect her and do what he did in the past with my mom: persist and protect.

He also helped me return the drive to the good side. I've been working undercover for them. I've never seen Billie there before but not recently. She's probably still on tour.

Jim walks into my office and sits on a chair sitting against my wall.
"You have a new mission. This is a big one so you're gonna need to listen up."

"Okay. I'm ready." I point my body & chair facing towards him.
"Remember that mission with the drive? And how everything got destroyed from its cloud?"

(False. I never gave our agency the drive. I gave them a fake one and told them that the good side had erased its data from a phone.)

I nod my head.

"You're going to finish the job." I glare at him in confusion. "You need to kill agent Eilish." he says, getting up and walking over to my desk.

I dont say not one word. I was in shock. I thought he dropped it. But I should've known better, nothing gets dusted under a rug in here.

"You're 18 now, that means you kill. As long as you work for us you know what that means right?"
I nod again in response. I knew and i hated what that meant.
"You kill. You kick ass. You hear me?"
"I was friends with her for months on tour Jim... I can't do that."
"Even better. She trusts you."
I stay quiet.
"What? You don't have the gut to get this done?" He steps closer over the desk.

If I say that I cant do this, he will know that Billie means something to me. I cant have him knowing any of my weaknesses. I cant, he will be onto me.

God, I always dig deeper holes for myself I swear, fuck. Jim sends me on this mission asap. I go the next day.

—————-

My dad had advised me to run away. He had given me a flip phone to contact him if I decide to run. I think i'll use it.

They set the helicopter down onto a roof near by her venue. I then I climb into the now, empty arena. It was 2 am. I sneak into Billies green room. I knock on the door and she opens it. Her eyes widen. I quickly step inside and press my palm against her mouth backing her up onto the door swiftly.

"Don't say a word. I'm not here to hurt you." I say.

She mumbles against my mouth. I remove my palm from pressing against her mouth, allowing her to speak.
"How do I know you aren't lying?" She says.

I empty my clip and let every bullet fall onto the ground before I throw my backpack next to her and put my hands up.

She scoffs. "Is this supposed to be a sign of loyalty or some shit? You like to use your hands, Syd. You don't care for a gun anyways." Billie knows me too well. She knows my every move. She tries to push me off of her but I push her back into the door.

"Last time I checked, you shot at me and then set me up to die with a sniper and your brother. Who's not to trust here?" I say.

"I can explain that."
"Yeah? Explain then." I let go of her to cross my arms.
"Before I do why are you here? Why are you back after all this time? If I tried to kill you why?" She defies.
"I want to know why you did what you did. I know you killed that sniper. I still can't figure it out."

"I told you, I fucking loved you." Her voice cracks slightly. She continues.  "Who do you think I wrote 'i love you' about? Why do you think I even killed that dude on the roof? So he couldn't kill you. I pulled you down before Finneas could shoot because I love you. I risked my entire mission and almost got fired for you. My whole family hates me now because I tried to save you. They dont trust me." I didn't know what to say.

"Loved?"
"I still do love you Syd.. do you still love me?"

Her guard softens.

"Thats why i'm here Billie. I love you."

We slowly inched our way to each other snd for the first time in two months I felt her lips on mine. It was like heaven on earth before I pulled away. They fit so good together.

I wish that I could savor it more but i'm on a mission. She can still try and kill me.

"We can't be together though Syd.." Billie whispers against my lips.
"I know we can't." A tear rolls down my cheeks as she presses her forehead against mine.
"Can we run away? And be happy?" I ask. A small giggle escapes her lips at the thought.
"Maybe." Billie responds. "But I need you to tell me right now."

The alarm goes off in the building. Red lights flash. I hear gunshots. I quickly reload my gun and strap my backpack up. Billie grabs her gun and points at me.

"Did you fucking set me up?" She cocks her gun.
"No! No I didn't. I'm supposed to do that though actually actually. They sent me a mission to kill you- wait."
"What the fuck Syd?!" She flips me onto the ground and I fall onto my back.

"I clearly wasn't going to! I was gonna run away with you!" She points the gun down at me.

A few guys bust in the door and grab Billie. They're from my agency.
"Guys I got her." I say.

"We know you've been working with the other side. We're here for you Sydney..." They quickly pull out a knife in attempts to stab me but I hold it just right before it gets to my skin. I grabbed the blade and it cuts through my skin. I groan trying to pull it away. I grab it and slice their throat. Billie shoots the other man holding her.

"Fuck this let's go." She pecks my lips before grabbing my arm and running out backstage.

I see Jim. "There you are.."
"Jim-" I try to explain myself.
"No! You've been working with them this whole time! I should've killed you and your father when I got the chance! Just like how I killed your mother."

So he lied. He said that this agency in Japan killed her. He's been kinda like a second father to me but he's the one who killed her this whole time. I'm furious. I start walking towards him to kick his ass but then two men step out from behind him with assault rifles. Billie pulls me back.

"Don't." She whispers.
"Oh boys, don't worry this one is for me..."
he dismisses them and walks towards me.

I swing my fist at him but he grabs my leg and flips me onto my back. He taught me everything so I had to do the opposite. After I hit the floor I kick his knees causing him to fall over. I got my taser and stuck it right on him. That's when I hear guns. I was worried, thinking billie was hurt but she was the one who saved me.

We ran outside and got in her car. I hate this but it has to be done. I'm finally free.

But I know that this isn't a cute love story. Someone is gonna die. My mom did. Why not me or Billie? This is too good to be true.

————————————————————
a/n: hii thanks for reading this far :) this one kinda long bestie my bad. i owe y'all anyways for ghosting so its okay.

vote please lets get this to 40k views !

might publish this story, ima see how it does tho 🙇🏽‍♀️