When the Party's Over

BILLIE's pov
How do I tell her I love her? How do you tell your best friend, who you're hooking up with, that you want more?

I always find new people to fuck around with but it's only to distract myself. Sarah comes back from the bathroom and sits on the bed scrolling through her phone.

Not gonna lie, we're already like a couple. All cute and shit. But we both know that we're just friends after the moment is gone.

"I gotta get home, my mom is wondering where I am." She says, slipping her jeans on.
"Bye." We say at the same time.

Sarah crawls on the the bed and hovers over me, tilting my head up away from my phone. She leans in like she wants a kiss but stops and looks right back into my eyes.

"You being shy?" I say with a hint of sarcasm and a chuckle.
She nods her head no in response and presses her lips against mine.

I can't help but think she feels the same way. Sarah always does sweet little things like that when we're alone. Sometimes even in public but I think it's just what I want her to feel. I'm fucked.

SARAH's pov
How do you tell your best friend, who you're hooking up with, that you want more? How do I tell Billie that I'm in love with her?

I can't tell her. Billie doesn't do relationships. I've been close friends with her for years now and know damn well she doesn't commit. It hurts to see her with other people. On my way home, I turn on the radio. Of course Billies song is playing.

Holy fuck, wait her song is playing. Her song is on the radio!

The light turns red.

Bil❤️- sarah's name for billie
Sar🤤- bil's name for sarah

Sar🤤
Bro turn on KIIS-FM 102.7 they're playing wtpo!!!!

Bil❤️
really?? shit
wait are u driving

Sar🤤
Yes
But I'm at a stop light

Bil❤️
drive bitch

Sar🤤
How can I? This song got me crying lol

Bil❤️
🙄 bro drive.
pay attention pls
also thanks for tellin me sar <3
fin nd i are so fucking geeked right now omg

With that, I put the phone down and focus more on driving. My phone buzzes a few more times with Billie getting excited over her song playing on the radio. It was little things like that which made me think she might love me too. The way she cared for me.

THIRD PERSON pov
Little did she know Billie was crying too.. she wrote that song about Sarah

"Quiet when I'm coming home & I'm on my own"
Billie feels that when they're together, she's really just alone because she is the only one with feelings and Sarah doesn't feel the same. Still, she doesn't say a word about it. She's quiet.

"I could lie, say, 'I like it like that, like it like that."
Billie always says she's fine with their fling but she wants more than a fuck. It's a lie. She doesn't like/want that

"Call me friend but keep my closer"
Those little things Sarah does when they're together are way sweeter than anything a friend does.

"And I'll call you when the party's over"
Billie will do all of those things and lie. She'll keep calling Sarah over for just a hookup like they agreed.

This whole song was essentially what Billie would say to Sarah and how she truly felt. Sarah would obviously know the lyrics were written by Billie and that it was about herself. So Billie had Finneas take the credit for writing When the Party's Over.