energy

a/n this is billie's fit. act like kailah took this pic since it fits the situation and all 😌

also.. this is for T, since this is the chapter that started it all 😳 tamya4 thanks for feeing .

KAILAH's POV
I climb up the latter to the treehouse. My clothes were soaked from the hard rain. A loud boom fills the sky as I drop my school bag to the ground. There was a huge thunderstorm today, which was perfect. School got canceled half day.

I've been pretty freaked out lately. Today was my chance to satisfy my theories and curiosity.

Last month in digital writing class, some kid kept pissing me off. He worked on the monitor in front of me as he made his rude little remarks. I tried my hardest to focus on my work so I kept my hand on the mousepad. I've never been so angry. Shit seemed to piss me off a lot that day and that guy was my last straw.

Eventually I get shocked by my computer and pull my hand a few inches away as a reflex. A blue electric current flows from my veins, to my fingertips, to the device.

The kid in front of me is being electrocuted. I was so confused as to why I wasn't getting shocked since our computers are connected to the same drive. He deserved it but I was afraid. I couldn't stop it. I tried to disconnect the power but whenever I was near it seemed to worsted. Soon enough the blue went away.

Since then, I've learned that because was afraid and so focused on wanting it to stop that it actually did stop. That blue was electric current. I can throw, fling and even make energy float. Sometimes when I'm bored I let a small bolt fling back and forth in my hand. I've never tested it out but today looks like the perfect time.

I walk out to the balcony of the treehouse and hang my feet off the edge as I sat down behind the railing. I shoot lightning at some bushes below me. Some leafs turn to ashes as the smoke whirls around them. I spin the current around between my fingertips. It looks like a little glowing ball. It's blue and bright.

"What the fuck?" I jump at the voice.

The blue lightning strikes the side of the balcony. I turn around to see Billie standing there with wide eyes. I approach her and she slowly backs up inside the treehouse. I notice that there are fireworks sticking out from her backpack.

"Kai, what the fuck was that." Billie asks.
I stutter and struggle to explain myself. How could you explain something like this? I've never told anyone.

"Please say you're pranking me." She looked scared. I've never seen her scared.
"I'm not, just listen and I'll explain. I'm not dangerous."
"So that thing is you..?"

I explain the lightning shit as best as I can. I sit against the cold wood of the treehouse and Billie sits in the red beanbag processing what I told her. She was hurt that I didn't tell her at first, being that she is my best friend but she understood.

"You brought fireworks?" I ask, sitting up and looking behind her. I decided that it was best to change the subject.
"You said you always wanted to set off fireworks in the rain, so I brought some. I had a whole box of this shit laying in my attic." She explains.
"I love you, dude." I swing her bag over my shoulder and climb down the latter.

BILLIE's POV
I don't say I love you back back because I don't want to. Not even sarcastically. It just hurts to lately because it isn't in a friend love kind of way.  I watch her happily skip to my car. So my best friend has superpowers... it's hard to believe but I saw it with my own eyes.

We drive to an open field and set off the fireworks. I get an idea that makes me laugh annoyingly.

"Broo can we do a bunch all at once?" I ask.
"Fuck no you're asking to get killed."

Kai waves her sparkler through the air. The rain was still pouring so it blew out.

"Bro this sucks, shit isn't even working. And my shirt is fucking soaked. I picked the wrong day to wear white." She pouts.
I chuckle and start to unzip my big ass red sweater.

"Here." I place it over her shoulders so she can slip her arms inside.
"Such a gentleman." Kai exaggerates.
"Now can I light them up all at once?" I ask with a big grin on my face.
"Nope." She turns around to flip her hair over to put her curly hair into a bun.

I decided to take my opportunity. When Kai turned around, I had already lit all of them and ran up to her before they went off.

She turns around when she hears the sparking sound and her eyes widen.

"Billie!" She yells. I wrap my arms around her waist and lift her, running farther away from the fireworks.

The hoodie that was over her head falls as I set her down and brushes against my face. They go off. She clingled onto me for a moment, startled at the loud popping sound.

"You're an idiot." She says as a smile cracks through her serious glare.
"I just saved your head from blowing up. Im your fucking hero." I say as I pull her arm to lay down with me in the
grass. She rolls her eyes and lays next to me.

"Plus, you can't be mad, they're so pretty. Just look." I smile to myself.

After they all smoke out, I set up our next batch. The rain settled down for a moment so Kailah insisted I pose by this parking lot that had been shut down. The bitch has a good eye, it was a good pic. We get back to the fireworks and try to light it. There's no more lighter fluid left. Kai runs to the car to find another lighter.

KAI's POV
I ran back to the field and see two people. Billie and a hood. I see a gun. Fame really does suck huh. I don't make eye contact with them. I let them think they're hidden. They're obviously heading toward Billie.

I walk slow, making sure not to tip them off. "You're slow you know that?" She teases.

I think she notices my weird behavior. I don't laugh or making a mean joke back. I'm getting too close. The person stands up, making themself seen and fires. It misses. Billie quickly stands up with confusion and worry swirling in her eyes.

"Billie run!" I yell.

She hesitates, looking hopeless. She's in an open field, she's an easy target.

As she gets a little farther from the fireworks, I feel my energy tremble through my veins. I look down and see some of the veins in my hand popped out, colored purple with some light showing. I'm angry. I throw current  to the batch of fireworks she had just set up. They burst into flames and she's now hidden by a thick cloud of smoke. I see the shooter raise his hand in front of his face to protect himself from the smoke and thats when I bolt to the car.

Billie gets into the passenger side and we drive far. I don't know where I drive us to but it was good enough.