I

Writer's POV

Emma Swan stared hopelessly in the body length mirror. She was wearing a red mini skirt, a white button up blouse and black 3-inch heels. Her hair blonde and flowing down in soft curls. Her eyes round and bright green with long lashes. Her lips a light tint of pink. She sighed to herself. She looked like an underage lawyer.

"Emma! Love, you'll be late for school!" Her mother's accent rung through the house as she shouted the warning.

"Coming!" Emma yelled back.

She grabbed her bag and glanced at her form one last time in the mirror before making her way downstairs.

Jenna, her mom, smiled at her once she saw her daughter come in, "I like how that looks on you."

"I hate it." She grumbled referring to the school uniform.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll be fine. Now go on, you don't want to be late on your first day." Jenna gave Emma a quick hug and patted her shoulder, "Good luck, darling."

"Thanks." Emma smiled before rushing outside and jumping in her yellow 1989 VW beetle.

And on she went to British International School of Boston. She wasn't even British, but her parents were. Emma was one hundred percent American.

She arrived at the school and parked in the nearest spot. She stepped out and looked around, there were groups of kids all about. All chatting and gossiping. She heard the first bell ring and she headed towards her first class. History.

It was the third room on the left of the entering corridor. She walked inside and sat in one of the front row seats. She tugged her shirt down so it would cover more since she thought it didn't.

She glanced at the board and found the teacher's name.

Killian Jones.

A light scoff escaped her lips. The name sounded like it belonged to 40 year old beer addict. She took out a notebook and pen as she heard the bell announcing the beginning of class.

She looked up when someone walked in. Emma was expecting the 40 year old beer lover, but instead found a 20-something well fit, tall man.

His hair was dark brown and parted to one side. His eyes were piercing blue and he had a firmly set jawline, which was covered by a neatly shaven scruff. He had broad shoulders and strong biceps. His light blue shirt was perfectly fitted to his body and so were his black dress pants.

He smiled and looked forward to the class, "My name is Killian Jones. You shall address me by Mr. Jones."

Emma inhaled sharply and stared at the god in her presence. Today was going to be a long day....

A/N

I hope that was good enough for a first chapter.