XIV

Emma's eyes flew open at the knocks and the rattle of the knob on her bedroom door.

"Emma? Sweetheart? You alright?"

Recognizing it was her fathers voice she started to panic. Here she was, barely dressed, in bed with an older man. Not to mention the fact that the man was just wearing boxers, and he was her teacher. Quickly she turned in his arms and straddled Killian's lap, moving her hand over his mouth as she answered her father, "Yeah dad I'm fine."

"You're sure? Why is your door locked?"

She noticed Killian opening his eyes, waking up. She put a finger to her lips signaling him to be quiet. He shifted underneath her slightly but didn't dare make a sound.

"I just- I felt like sleeping naked." She shut her eyes tight knowing it was a long shot, "and I didn't want anyone walking in..."

No sound came from the other side of the door for a few seconds, until he finally spoke up, "Oh. That's quite alright, I just wanted to make sure you were fine. I'll be heading to work now, see you tonight."

"Bye, Dad." She smiled slightly knowing he had bought her lie. She waited until hearing the sound of the front door closing before removing her hand from Killian's mouth.

"Really? Sleeping naked?" He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes and got off him, going to her window and peeking out discreetly to find her father's car leaving the driveway, "My mother's at work as well so, we're alone. They won't be back until tonight."

"Good. Because we are going on a date, an official one this time." He said sitting up on her bed with crossed legs.

Emma turned to him and raised an eyebrow curiously, "A date?"

"Yes, love. It means when two people who care about each other a lot, go out and have dinner together." He teased, which only earned him another roll of her eyes.

"Fine. Where are we going?"

He grinned, "The fair."

"That's kind of a... public place..." She bit her lip.

His smile faded into a sad one, but he didn't show it, "So what? Now you're embarrassed of being seen with me?"

"No, not of you. I'm embarrassed of being seen with my teacher. People will think I'm a whore." She sighed sitting across from him on the bed.

He put aside that little feeling of dejection within him, and instead focused on her, "Love, you're nearly eighteen; an adult. Who cares what people think of you?"

She looked at him and smirked slightly, "Yeah, you're right." Her smiled increased, "Let's go to the fair."

"Great." He gave her a quick kiss, "I'll pick you up at five?"

"Sounds good."

He got up and put on his clothes from the previous night before letting her escort him to his car. She had put shorts on not wanting any of her neighbors to see her indecent.

"I'll see you later, Em." He said climbing into his jeep, closing the door and rolling down the window.

"That a new nickname?" She gave him a flirty look and leaned her hands on the frame.

"Maybe."

"Then I'll call you..." She paused for a moment to think, then grinned, "Killy."

He laughed, "No offense, but that sounds like a murder show for little kids."

"Whatever. I'm still using it." She stood on her tippy toes and leaned over giving him a quick kiss, "Drive safe, love you."

"Bye, love you too." He smiled, turning on the engine and driving away.

Emma watched his car until it was just a tiny speck in the distance, smiling and biting her lip she went back inside the house, getting under her covers again to sleep the rest of the day until it was time for her date with Killian.

-
short chapter, but I will most likely update another one today.