XXXIII

btw if some of you can't read Roman numerals, this is the 33rd chapter.
-
A few weeks went by. Emma now in her sixth week of pregnancy, half way through her first trimester. Her mother told her this was the best time to get her first ultrasound so they set up the appointment with the doctor.

It all felt a little surreal, that she was only 17 and her mother was telling her when the right time was to get a pregnancy check-out. It was all strange.
Stuff that doesn't usually happen.
But life is unpredictable like that.

Killian and Kevin were now surprisingly closer, he'd come home every now and then and watch the football game with him and drink beer, and Emma always sat with him while him and her father booed and cheered at the TV. Since she never liked football and she didn't quite understand the sport, she just lost herself in his embrace.

Her mother too was closer with Killian, being nice and inviting him to more family dinners, and at one point, Ingrid was invited as well after Jenna found out about the encounter.
The two woman got mad, then they cried, then they hugged.
And now Ingrid was at every family dinner. Though she still didn't know about Emma's pregnancy.

Jenna and Kevin also paid for a system on Emma's laptop where she'd be taught by online teachers, it's the same as if you were in school, but less kids and better food. They both were kind of glad she didn't have to go to school with Jake anymore, they didn't know about that until Emma told them about his threat, they were mad at first but they all worked it out.

And even though everything so far was pretty skies and dandelions, Emma's body wasn't doing so well.
Morning sickness had kicked in, along with nausea, tender breasts, food cravings, and mood swings - that last one Killian didn't appreciate much. Since she nearly slapped him once during one of those...

Her first prenatal visit was today, and she had no idea why, but she was anxious.

Killian sat at the edge of her bed and watched while she rummaged through the various options of clothes, "Sweetheart, it's just the doctor. Not a meeting with Barack Obama."

"So then what should I wear?" She sighed, stopped looking through and just stared at her options.

"Sweats and a shirt will be just fine."

"Okay, I need to look somewhat nice, I'm not going to bed."

He got up and stepped closer wrapping his arms around her from behind, "Why're you so nervous?"

"Just because I want to look nice means I'm nervous?"

"No, but I can tell." He planted a chaste kiss against the side of her neck.

"I don't know, doctors make me nervous." She put her hands over his.

He grinned, "That's cute."

"Shut up." She shrugged out of his touch and pulled out jeans and a black t-shirt with Don't Worry, Be Happy printed on the front in white cursive letters.

"Good enough?" She asked.

"That's looks fine." He sat back on the bed.

"Then close your eyes." She gave him a look.

"Now I'm not allowed to see you in an underwear and bra?" He raised an eyebrow.