XXXI

"Mom?" Emma called out, "Dad?"

"I don't think they're here." Killian stated the obvious walking inside the house right behind her.

"You should stay, it's still storming like hell out there." She turned to him, "Maybe we could talk more, yay for me." She grinned and pulled him up to her room.

He laid down on her bed, his legs hanging over the side as he sighed, feeling completely at home.

She sat on the mattress, back leaning against the headboard, legs resting above his stomach while she pulled her laptop to her lap and flipped it open.
"Did you email me?"

"Yeah, like days ago." He chuckled and ran his hands over her smooth legs.

"Emma, remember to do the assignment. Chapter 4, section 1." She voiced the message out loud.

"And you still didn't do it." He gave her a look.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She snickered and set her laptop aside, "Hold on I gotta pee." She got up and walked to the bathroom that was right there in her bedroom.

"TMI." He called after her teasingly and sat up against the headboard and pulled up Netflix on her laptop.

She came back a few minutes later and plopped down besides him, "What are you doing on my laptop, Mister?"

"Watching a movie." He grinned and moved an arm around her.

A smile formed on her lips and she leaned in giving him a quick gentle kiss, which quickly turned into something heated and passionate.

"Emma?" Jenna cleared her throat from the bedroom door.

She jolted away from Killian in a millisecond and looked at her mother, "Hey Mom..." Heat now rushing to her cheeks.

"Hello, Mrs. Richardson." Killian waved at Jenna shyly.

"Nice to see you again." She replied with a polite enough smile, "I'm going to get started on dinner, your father is going to be home soon and I was thinking we could all eat together."

Emma looked to him with a questioning look and a hopeful smile.

He nodded and gave Jenna a kind smile, "That'll be lovely, Mrs. Richardson."

"You can call me Jenna." She grinned and went back downstairs.

"You're really warming up to her." Emma smirked and straddled his lap while kissing his cheek various times.

"What can I say? Mothers love me."

She kissed up the side of his neck and bit his earlobe for a second, "Not more than I love you, that's for sure."

"As much as I enjoy this, your father will be home soon and I don't think he would like seeing his daughter in a very provocative position with her teacher slash boyfriend." He smiled slightly.

"Alright, fine." She rolled off of him but snuggled closely into his side, leg swung over his thigh, head resting on his shoulder.

He put play on If I Stay and they both stayed quiet as Mia began to narrate the movie.

They watched up until the part where Mia's parents died in the hospital then Jenna called them down, "Guys! Dinner's ready!"

Emma paused the movie and her and Killian walked calmly downstairs, hand in hand. She saw her father already seated at the dining table while he loosened his tie.

"Hi, Dad." She smiled at him and sat down, Killian sitting next to her, "Nice to see you again, Mr. Richardson."

"Likewise, Mr. Jones." Kevin gave him a sarcastic smile.

Jenna put down several bowls of food on the table before taking her seat, "How was work?"

"Great." He said, "So, Killian, how long have you been teaching?"

"I graduated early, at 16, went directly to Boston University and got my bachelor's degree in education. And I've been working at British International for two years."

"What about your family? We'd sure like to meet them." Jenna asked enthusiastically.

Killian's face showed a sad smile and he just shook his head, "No family to meet. Just me."

Emma quickly jumped in to change the subject, "Alright, let's eat."

Her fingers tightened around his as everyone began feasting on the delicious meal. Dinner went by perfectly well, only small talk. No arguments. Her parents and Killian were actually getting along. Of course every now and then Kevin would glare, but he would quickly recuperate.

After eating, Emma was helping Jenna clean the dishes while their men chatted over beer.

"Hey, mom, I was wondering if Killian could stay over tonight?" She bit her lip and looked at her mother.

Jenna shook her head, "I pushed it far enough with the dinner, there's no way your father would permit you two banging in his house."

"Trust me we banged enough during the weeken-uhhhh."

Her mother's eyes widened as she looked at her daughter, "What the- I don't wanna know."

"Just please let him stay," She sighed, "We won't do anything I just want him here." A pleading look was enough.

"Fine."

Emma grinned and soon finished washing the plates before joining Killian and her father on the couch, "What are you two talking about?"

"History. Your father seems to know some interesting facts that I didn't even know and I'd like to tell my class of them."

"Yeah well, the 1800's talk is over. I'm hitting the hay." Kevin stood up and sighed shaking Killian's hand, "Thanks for coming. Have a good night."

He walked away with Jenna to their room and Emma turned to the only other person there with her.

"I should go too," He said sadly and leaned over kissing her cheek before standing.

"Yeah you should, up to my room."

"What?"

"My mom let you stay." She smiled.

"I don't know, love. Your father would be angry-"

"I don't care. Just come on. He can't hit the father of his grandchild." She grabbed his hand and tugged on it.

Killian nodded, "Alright. But no funny business."

"I'll try." She teased with a smirk and walked upstairs while pulling him along.

So far, this was the second best night of the week, the first being... well, you know. Jenna and Kevin were somehow beginning to accept the fact that Killian wasn't going anywhere, and that he was here to stay.
Now she only had to tell them about Jake.
-
Pardon any mistakes in the writing. I'll most likely update very weekend if possible.