XVIII

"Okay, hey.." He cupped her cheeks and pulled back from the embrace to look at her, "It's gonna be fine. Everything's gonna be fine."

"No, no it's not." She sobbed, "I can't do this, Killian."

"Yes you can, because I'm going to be here every step of the way, you understand that? You're not alone. I will help you in any way I can. Stop crying, okay?"

"O-Okay." She nodded and wiped away her tears while attempting to stop them.

"Come on, I'm taking you home." He said and took her hand in his.

"My car - What about my car?" She asked and squeezed his fingers.

"I'll come back for it later, let's just go, you can't be alone right now." He opened the door to the passenger seat of his car and held her hand while she got in.

He closed her door and circled the vehicle before climbing into his spot, turning on the engine, and driving off to his house.

The ride was silent. But when they finally pulled up, and she was more relaxed, Emma spoke up, "Thank you."

He looked at her and smiled warmly with a 'you're welcome' nod.

They got out of the car and they both walked inside, her trailing behind him while holding onto his hand.

"You don't have to do this."

"Don't have to do what?" He turned to look at her.

"You don't have to act like you're okay with all of this, it's fine if you're not." She gazed back into his blue eyes.

"I'm not acting." He sighed, "I'm doing this because I want to."

"Why?" She narrowed her eyes, "It's only a burden."

"It's not a burden. It's a baby." He smiled softly, "Let's go upstairs, you need some sleep."

Without a word, she follows him up the stairs and into his room. Which she'd never seen considering the last time she slept over she only saw the couch.

His room was pretty big compared to an average one. There was a california king bed centered and pressed up against the wall. The mattress was dressed with silver sheets and the headboard was a pattern of metal silver bars that curled at certain places. She thought it was beautiful indeed.

"Damn." She whispered in awe.

He chuckled half-heartedly, "Nice, huh?"

"I think I'm gonna go mattress shopping after this." She said and walked towards the bed laying down on it and sighing contently.

He smiled and stripped his leather jacket and kicked off his shoes then laid beside her.

She rolled onto her side and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I'm so glad I have you."

He smiled and snaked an arm around his waist, "Likewise."

Leaning in, she captured his lips in a sudden kiss which he gladly returned.