XXII

Later that night, after sleeping through almost the whole day, Emma finally awoke. Her first instinct was to check the time, she turned her head to the clock on the wall and read 9:34pm.
She sighed and looked around the room, her parents had fallen asleep on the same plastic chairs and Killian was on the floor, his back against the side of Emma's bed and his head leaning on the mattress. She smacked his head to wake him up.

"Hey!" He jolted awake.

"Be quiet!" She yelled in a whisper.

He stood up and looked at her, rubbing the back of his head, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." She nodded and took his hand, "Can you lay down with me?"

"Love, I don't think your parents would like that..." He tried being reasonable.

"I don't care," she faked a sniffle, "I'm ill."

He rolled his eyes, "Fine. But you owe me for this." He took off his shoes and set them down quietly.

She smiled successfully and scooted over so there was enough space for him. He laid beside her and turned on his side to face her, "Happy?"

"Very." Her grin grew as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close, "Plus I didn't want you sleeping on the floor."

"Thanks." He smirked.

"I want to go home with you when I get out." She said looking in his eyes while threading her fingers through the dark strands on the back of his head.

He smiled slightly and curled an arm around her molding her body to his, she followed to bury her head in the crook of his neck, "We'll see what they say."

Nodding, she closed her eyes, moving her arms to hug around his torso instead, "Goodnight."

"Night, love." He smiled a little and kissed her hairline before shutting his eyes as well.

Killian's POV

The next morning, I the first to awake. I was pulled away from the delightful sleep by a hard tug on the collar of my coat.

"Get up." Kevin said quietly.

I obliged and got up from the bed, careful not to wake Emma and turned towards her father.

"You should know better than to sleep next to her." Kevin said.

"Mate, she asked me to. She didn't want me sleeping on the floor." I sighed.

"Can I have a word with you? Outside?"

I nodded and followed him out of the room, closing the door behind me and turning towards Kevin, "What would you like to talk about?"

He turned, and instead answering my question, he clutched his fist and blew a punch right at my face.

I stumbled back from the impact and covered my eye with my hand, "Bloody hell." I groaned.

"That's for getting my daughter pregnant," He sighed, clutching his fist against and aiming it at my jaw, "and this is for-"

"I love her," I put my other hand out to stop him, "okay? I'm in love with her."

"Yeah?" He lowered his arm, "And you really think I'm gonna believe such a thing?"

"I'm not a liar." I mumbled, "And I wouldn't be here if I didn't care about her. Because trust me - I do."

He laughed, actually laughed, as if this was some kind of joke, "Stay away from my daughter. Alright? Stay away from Emma." He started heading back inside.

"No."

"Excuse me?" Kevin turned to look at me, an eyebrow raised.

"I'm not going to stay away from her. Because if I do, she's going to be heartbroken. And as her father, I don't think you want that." I looked back to him, "So I think we should go back in there, act as civilized as possible and be there for her. For Emma."

With that, I walked past him back inside her hospital room.

The second I stepped in I saw that she was awake, her mother by her side stroking her hair and talking to her.

I smiled looking at her, that huge smile was back. As I stepped closer to her, Jenna turned to me and gave me a forced smile.

I smiled back a little then looked to Emma, "How're you feeling?"

"Better." She took my hand in hers and laced our fingers, squeezing lightly.

"Good," I leaned down to kiss her cheek, but she turned her head catching my lips instead.

I chuckled against her mouth and pulled away after a few seconds, "Are you trying to get me in trouble?"

"Noooo. I just wanted to do that." She smiled, "And I've been wanting to do more since last night but I had to hold it in." She whispered so only I would hear.

"Yeah, we can talk about that when you're out of here." I grinned and ran my knuckles along the curve of her cheek, "You hungry?"

"Yeah. Can you go get me something?"

"Sure. Anything in particular?"

"Nope just food. And maybe a cupcake?" She bit her lip looking at me.

"Food and a cupcake it is." I smiled and pecked her lips, "Be back in a bit." I said and left the room to go down to the cafeteria.

Emma's POV

"You really like him huh?" Jenna asked as I watched him walk away.

"Yeah... He's great."

"So how long has this thing between you been going on?" She asked.

"Pretty sure it began two days after school started." I laughed.

"And I never knew." Jenna sighed.

"Because I didn't tell you."

"Yeah but I'm you're mother. I'm suppose to notice this kind of stuff."

"Well I hid it pretty well. It's not your fault you didn't notice," I attempted sitting up but instantly my head began to spin so I laid back down, "just forget it."

"Do you really... love... him?" She looked at me.

"Yes." I looked back to her with complete honesty, "I do."

-
To be continued...