VIII

Oh my god! Emma thought to herself over and over again as she drove home.
The kiss her and Killian shared... there were no words to describe it. It was full of heat and lust, the enticing moment playing repeatedly like a broken record in her mind. She could still feel the warm touch of his fingers on her skin, and the feeling of his lips on hers. "Oh god.. his liiiiips." She had whined to herself as she pulled up in front of her parent's house. Emma bent the rearview mirror down slightly so she could see her face, the bruise on her cheek still a persistent purple. Her mother's going to start asking a million questions if she sees it, not to mention that it was almost 7:00 pm. The first thing her mom would think is that she was getting beat up or bullied after school.

With all of the courage she had, she got out of the car and made her way inside. Once she was in, she looked around and saw no one. Thinking she could just sneak up, she quietly started heading up the stairs.

"EMMA!"

She sighed and turned back around to see her mother walking towards her at a very quick pace, "where in hell have you been?" Her mother asked angry.

Emma kept her head tilted to the side, attempting to hide her mark, "One of my teachers, Mr. Jones, he let me stay after school to finish up some due assignments and stuff." She mumbled.

"You better look at me right now and tell me the truth." Jenna said, pronouncing every word carefully.

She bit her lip, internally praying that somehow, someway, her pissed off mother wouldn't see the bruise as she slowly turned her head, "I'm telling you the truth."

Jenna gasped, "Oh my- Emma." She stepped forwards and cupped her daughter's face, "what happened to you?"

"I- It's nothing mom, I'm fine."

"You are not fine. Tell me what happened." She demanded.

"I ran into a pole." Bad excuse.

Jenna gave her a look, "Really? You can't do better than that?"

Emma smiled for a brief second before letting out a sigh, "Jake happened. He snuck in last night and punched me." She left out the part of him being in her school, not wanting in any way to leave it. She felt kind of safe there now.

"That's it. I'm calling the police. Go upstairs and take a shower so you can eat." She called out the commands while walking to the living room phone.

Emma did so. She was lucky her mother forgot the part about her arriving so late. But good thing Jack was going to get his ass in jail and not bother her anymore. Before she went inside the bathroom, she checked her email. And just as she thought- he had emailed her.

Professor Jones,

Had fun today?

She chuckled reading the message to herself with a grin.

Emma Swan,

Yes, I did. Now I've got to go, my history teacher gave me a ton of homework.

She loved teasing him so much, not just for the fun of it, but also for his reactions. She sent it and made her way to the bathroom.