XLI

Killian went up to Emma's room after pondering on the thought for a few minutes, and he figured he'd just ask her about it instead of obsession on the subject.

He walked in and she was sitting on her bed, laptop on her thighs, leaning back on the massive teddy bear she got the day they went to the fair.
From the familiar gargling and soft growling filling the room, he knew as a matter of fact she was watching The Walking Dead. She insisted on watching it only at night, and he was forced to stay up with her and scare himself into nightmares.
He didn't like those infernal walkers.

"Hey," He closed the door behind him, "I thought you were asleep."

"Daylight is too close, why sleep?" She muttered and kept her eyes frozen on the screen that illuminated her face. He could see the faint red beneath her eyes from the tears that had fallen earlier, but oddly enough she didn't show any signs of being tired.

"Because you'll be exhausted tomorrow." He went closer and handed her the warm mug, "Here's your cocoa."

"Thanks." She grasped it with both hands and took a short sip, smiling weakly at the sweet taste.

She scooted over and left a space for him besides her, he sat down and their shoulders brushed, "Listen, I know it's been a rough night for you but I just had to ask, since I've never really thought about it... What did he do to you? I mean, I know he went against your wishes, but I don't know what happened exactly."

Her fingers drifted to the keyboard and she paused the show turning her attention towards him, "I was wondering when that was going to come up. Took you a while."

"Yeah I know." He sighed, "Will you tell me?"

She looked down at the cup of hot chocolate between her fingers then bit her lip and looked back up at his face, "Sure."

One Year Ago...
Emma's POV

"And this," I held onto his hand and tugged him inside the house, "Is my new home."

"Damn." Jake looked around and smiled, his eyes eventually landing back on me, "This place is huge."

"I know, and I finally get my own room. I couldn't ask for anything better." I grinned and looked at my new residence.

After years of being in the system, this lovely couple adopted me and I couldn't help but be thrilled about the fact that I would be living in such a massive house. It was all so exciting and scary at the same time.

"I'm happy for you, babe." He put a hand on my hip and pulled me to his side, our fingers still connected.

My arms made their way around his neck and I grinned leaning my forehead on his, "Best of all, I get to share all of this with you."

He kissed my cheek and curled his arms around my waist, "So, are your new parents around?"

"Nope. I have the whole house to myself." I beamed and looked around once again, still not believing that this was all mine.

"Then I can do this..." He trailed off and leaned in placing a light kiss to my lips.

I pulled away, having something new to tell him, "Oh come on, you've got to see my room!"