~ C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F I V E ~

Y/N's POV-

"So how will this all work out?" Mikasa asked me.

We were now heading home. I had told her a very shortened and summarized version of everything that my mom and I were talking about as soon as I saw her. She said that we could talk more about it once we were off of work.

"Well I don't really know actually. Like I do want to help them out, but I just wanted to let you know. Because the more I thought about it, the more it seemed right to let you have a word in this as well." I explained.

Honestly, the clear answer should have been a big fat juicy "NO". I didn't like how she just caught that nasty attitude with me and also to go as far as to call me selfish for wanting me to take care of her child. Like I get it, he's my brother but then again I have the right to choose not to babysit him. And then to change from being harsh and all to then being nice to get me to take care of Lucas. I know that it was all fake and that she is probably mad at me.

"If you want to take care of your brother for your parents, that is completely fine with me." She gave me a sincere smile. "So far what you have informed me about this, they basically have you covered for everything."

"No yeah, I know that, it's just because if I were to take care of him, my mom said that I could choose to do so in our apartment, or go back to their place and just stay there."

"Which one will you choose?" Mikasa asked me.

I knew that if I chose to take care of Lucas in our apartment, knowing the time that my parents would get off of work, it was going to be very late. If he starts crying for whatever reason, he would most definitely wake Mikasa up. But if I were to take care of him over at my parents' place, there wouldn't have been any point in me moving out. And like I said before, I also pay my share of things, that's what Mikasa and I had agreed on.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "I don't really know. But I could really tell her I won't do it and what would she do then?" I jokingly asked.

"That's mean Y/n."

"Shut up." I said to Mikasa and she smiled.

Once we had gotten back to the apartment, I instantly called my mom and put her on speaker phone so that she could speak to both Mikasa and I at the same time. This way she could fully explain everything to us and anything we had questions to, she would be able to answer without one of us not being able to hear. Hopefully she and my dad would have an answer, or better yet, a solution to any problem that might come across. My mom had said that they thought about this very thoroughly before bringing up the idea, so I really am expecting this to be a nice and smooth transition instead of it being very messy.

"Okay then, it's settled right?" My mom asked us through the phone.

I really wanted to tell her no, but I'm not even going to lie, somewhere in that conversation she said something about them paying me $20 an hour for taking care of Lucas. Either way, I have been wanting to find a new job and maybe this is just a way to start doing just that.

Mikasa looked at me and I nodded. We both said "Yes."

"I'm really glad to know that we have resolved this." Happiness was very evident in my mom's voice.

Even if we couldn't see her facial expressions, I knew that she was most likely smiling right now. She's probably not even mad anymore. This must have been stressful for her, but who says it wasn't stressful for me too. Especially with it being last minute and all. If I would have not agreed to take care of Lucas, she would have had to look for a quick babysitter. And from watching so many shows and movies, I don't really know how I; or most importantly they, would have felt about that. Then again, they should have notified me way earlier of this, I could have helped them in any way that I possibly could. Even though I did end up agreeing at the end.