IX

It'd been only thirty minutes into the project, Royalty dropped Robyn's phone on the table before tapping her shoulder..

"Robby, I'm tired this homework is boring." Royalty whines looking outside the window before gasping like she'd figured the solution to world peace ".. let's go to the park!"

"We'll go to the park, when we're done."

Beyoncé looked at Robyn like she had two heads on one hand she could be a big pain in the rear end and on the other she could be the sweetest person in the world— mostly to her sister though.

It took them almost an hour to finally finish rounding up the project, which was due the next Monday, so they were gonna be the first to turn theirs in.

"Finally!" Robyn said when they finished the last paragraph, Nicki did the writing— since she had the neatest handwriting even though it was a little cursive looking.

Beyoncé did the research and Robyn looked over it to make sure there were no errors.

"Are you done?" Ro asked looking over at the paper..

"Yeah." Robyn says "Guys we should get going." She says again not wanting her mother to get home before them and not see Royalty in the house. She didn't really care if Robyn was gone but she didn't want the younger one outside at all and it was honestly toxic and suffocating.

She didn't let her play with people her age and always made her sit inside.. the girl had seen and heard way more than a seven year old should.

"I thought you said we were going to the park?!" Royalty asked loudly.

"It's almost 4 p.m you know we can't." She tried to brush it off picking up her things, the other two girls just watching their interaction.

"I want to go!" She says again not getting up from the seat, you could say she was pretty determined to go to the park. She wasn't usually like this but you can't really blame her.

This was the first time she'd been anywhere beyond school and home in weeks and she was just trying to enjoy the day without worrying about their dead beat mother.

"Let her go Rob, we can come too. Plus it's not that late." Nicki says, honestly she was just doing anything to avoid going home earlier than she would like.

"But—"

"But nothing, it's not that far from here I could take us there and drop y'all off." Beyoncé smiles packing her things up same with Nicki, seemingly not seeing the distress in their friends features.

"See.." Royalty says "they're funner than you!" she laughs sticking her tongue out at her sister.

-

"See she's having fun, you're just being a party pooper." Onika laughs at the downcast look on Robyn's face as Royalty played on the swings with some other children around her age.

"I'm not, I just need to get home." She sighed laying back on the bench.

"Why? What's wrong?" Onika asks worriedly..

Beyoncé looking at her with the same expression.

"Nothing." She dismisses leaving the two a little more suspicious than they were before but they decided not to speak on it.

If something truly was bothering her, she would tell them when she was ready.

-

It was almost six in the evening when Royalty came back over to them stating that she was tired.

"Let's go, I'll drop y'all off." Beyoncé says getting up from the bench.