XXII

"We're going out later this evening." Monica says walking into her daughter's room where Robyn was helping Royalty to finish up her homework.

"To where?" Robyn asks the woman.

"Dinner." Monica replies back rolling her eyes, all the questions Robyn was asking lately was beginning to piss her off.

"I'm not going." Robyn states blankly "and neither is Royalty." She definitely wasn't going anywhere with her if she was trying to be discreet with the address.

"Rob..." Royalty tugs on the girls jeans "there's no more food in the house and I'm hungry." She says lowly.

"You heard the kid, so you going or not?"

"Fine... But you better not try anything funny." Robyn finally agrees though not necessarily willingly.

-

"Where are we going?" This wasn't the direction to any restaurant she knew of but the place did look familiar she just couldn't really put her finger to it.

Monica just hums not responding to the girl.. the only thought on her mind being how lucky she was to have bagged a rich man.

They'd met at the club one night both drunk on alcohol, one thing led to another and boom we're here today.

The house was looking real familiar now that they were up close... Monica rung the doorbell as Robyn held on to her sister.

She already had a guess to who they'd be having dinner with— her mother's boo thang.

"Hello Monica." The man greets as he opens the door, not gonna lie the guy was fine but didn't look responsible... At all!

"Hi Robert." They both exchanged quick pecks before she heard footsteps walking towards the door.

"Robyn?"

"Onika?"

-

This had to be one of the most awkward dinners ever, Robyn and Onika had been avoiding each other's gazes all evening.

Knowing that they liked one another and their parents were dating was honestly very.... disgusting.

"Can you please excuse us for a second?" Robert asks smiling, Robyn could obviously tell it was false.

She sure hopes her mother wasn't forcing her desperate self unto this poor man.

"Sure thing." Monica replies back assuringly.

Robert holds Onika up from her seat in what seemed to be an obviously tight grip, Robyn could see the obvious discomfort on the girls features though it seemed like her mother and sister hadn't noticed.

-

"I'm gonna go find the bathroom." Robyn says when the two had left, Monica just nods shoveling food down her stomach like it was her last meal.

-

"Can you stop embarrassing me and try starting up a fucking conversation?!" Robert letting go of  the girl a bit harshly making her stumble back a little.

"You're so goddamn awkward it's sad! You better not make me look like a failed father in front of our guests! And try talk to the girl at least!"

Onika just looks down at her feet hoping he wasn't planning on hitting her when there were guests in the house.

"Are you fucking dumb, speak!" He says lowly but harshly.

"I-I'll try..." A resounding slap was left on her cheek.

"You're not gonna try but you're gonna do exactly as I have asked."

"Yes sir." Nicki just nods knowing that if she spoke anymore her voice would fail her.

"Good." The man now walked away feeling satisfied, he loved to instill fear in the girl, she would never think to defy his orders.

Nicki just wiped her face of the fallen tears making her way to the bathroom to wash her face.

She walked into the nearest bathroom which was the visitors.... Splashing water on her face she inspected it luckily there was no print although her face was a bit reddish.

"What the fuck was that??" She turned around in fear just to see Robyn standing there with a firm yet concerned look on her face.

"N-nothing.. I mistakenly ran into a wall." She repeats the lie she's told every last person that cared to ask.

"I saw it Onika. You didn't run into no goddamn wall!"

-

Short cliffhanger chapter again because well.... I still can 😐

I know it's short but it gives me chance to update more frequently.

Shorter chapters and faster updates?

Or

Longer chapters and later updates?

Thoughts on the chapter?

Future chapters?

30 votes + 15 comments = Update!