XXXII

Robyn had picked up Royalty from Chris's house on her way back, by the time they'd gotten back it was almost seven thirty pm in the night.

"Go get changed, Ro." Robyn spoke to the little girl when she'd seen Monica on the couch drowning herself with bottles and bottles of beer. "And don't leave the room." Robyn whispers lowly to her.

The little girl complies hastily not wanting to see what her mother would do now that she was drunk, Monica had barely taken any alcohol—at least at home— since she'd gotten together with Robert—although that didn't make her any less of a bitch— Robyn just stared at the woman who had finally turned to face her.

"Fuck!" She screams, luckily she had ducked just in time for the bottle Monica had thrown her way not to hit her, only missing her by half an inch.

"I hate you!" Monica screams getting up from the couch staggering in Robyn's direction barely able to keep her balance. "Robert left m—me! All be..cause of you!"

"He's a fucking child abuser and a goddamned psychopath!" Robyn screams pushing past the woman only to have her hand held back by her.

"Leave."

"What?" Robyn asks in both confusion and pure anger.

"Leave my house. Get that little brat, grab your things and get the hell out my house. I don't wanna see you ever again, since you always manage to ruin shit for me!"

"Are you fucking serious right now, I pay for every single bill in this bitch?!"

"I don't care, leave! You not staying here, I'll call the damn police, try me." Robyn storms off at that, if Monica calls the police then they'd be sure to put Royalty in the system, due to their living conditions, she couldn't have that.

She goes into the room packing up all their things—which was not much— plus the money she'd saved in a duffle bag, "Robby, where are we going?" Royalty asks in confusion still clad in just her PJs and a pair of flip flops.

"Late night trip to Aunty Bey's."

___

Robyn didn't know where else to go to, Beyoncé was the first person she'd thought off, although she did feel like it'd be better to stay at Chris's but then again she felt like she asked him for way too much.

"Robyn?"

"Long story." She was tired and angry, I mean it was evident on her features, "Can we please stay the night? I promise to be out your hair by the morning."

"You know you can stay as long as you want." Beyoncé opens the door wider for them as they both walk in, Royalty admiring the modern looking apartment..

"Your house is really pretty, Aunty Bey." Royalty says just before letting out a yawn.

"Awn, baby you tired? Lemme take you to the room."

Royalty had fallen asleep pretty fast, Robyn sat on the bed quietly watching her sleep, she wanted to cry so bad but then again she couldn't will the tears to fall.. the feeling of failure had slowly started to engulf her, she felt like she'd failed as a friend, as a sister.. and as a daughter.

Why do bad things always gotta happen to me?

No matter how hard she tried the sleep just wouldn't come easy, she couldn't sleep knowing that somewhere out there Onika was finding it hard to sleep as well, somewhere out there Robert was still living guiltless, somewhere out there her mother was probably drinking herself to an unrecognizable stupor.

Knock... Knock..

"Rob?" Beyoncé asks peeking her head in, seeing Robyn just sat on the bed staring off into space, when she'd seen she wasn't going to get a reply anytime soon, she'd invited herself in taking a seat on the bed.