XVIII

It was now the end of the school day and Robyn was on her way to pick Royalty up from school.

She had her head phones plugged in as she walked, when she'd gotten there she'd walked up to the desk to get Royalty checked out.

"She's already been picked up." The woman at the desk says nonchalantly typing on her keyboard like there was no one standing before her.

"By who?" Robyn asks starting to worry, she was the only one that picked her up except the occasional Chris or her mother- which was rarely ever.

"Her mother." The woman says sarcastically like it was the dumbest question in the world.

Robyn didn't even give a reply to the attitude instead walking out of the place to go make sure her sister was okay.

She couldn't trust the woman with her sister for the life of her.

-

When she'd gotten home, she'd seen her mother passed out on the couch, a beer bottle in hand.

She just rolled her eyes at the irresponsible person she called 'mother.'

Walking into her and her sister's shared bedroom she'd seen the younger girl smiling wide as she looked through a bunch of shopping bags.

"What's all this?" She asked confusedly looking at all the clothing on the bed, all from designer brands that she'd never even dreamt of wearing before.

"Oh hi Rob." Royalty smiles climbing out the bed walking over to her sister so she could pull her closer to the items. "Mama bought them for us, they're cute right?" She smiles happily furthermore inspecting the clothes.

"Look! See this shirt!" She excitedly says pulling out a bright pink shirt from a 'next' bag.

Robyn just looks at the clothes wearily, there was definitely something wrong. She couldn't have just bought them stuff without a catch and she knew what was going to happen wasn't going to be very pleasing.

-

"And then she got us all this stuff and I don't know, I just don't trust it." Robyn exclaims frustratedly as she talked to Chris while Royalty stayed in the living room watching Tom and Jerry.

"You talked to her about it yet?" Chris asks taking a sip from the soda in his hands.

"No. Not yet she left early this morning and hasn't come back yet." They'd just come back from school and since it was Robyn's off day she decided to pay a little visit to Chris's house.

"You should talk to her, knowing your mother I know she'd never do something like this without something else attached."

"I know Chris.. I know and that's what makes me anxious! What if it's something really serious?!"

Chris didn't know what to say to that..., "Then we'll handle it together." He said lowly but still loud enough for Robyn to hear.

The girl had just decided to ignore the tone in his voice replying that with a little, "Thank you."

-

"What the fuck, Giselle!" Matthew screamed at his daughter who just sat there emotionless.

"Why would you do that." The man was seething with anger- if he was a cartoon character you'd have definitely seen the smoke coming out his ears- "Do you know how I felt after getting a call saying you basically had him assaulted, come on! I know you don't like him but to go that far are you fucking kidding me!"

Beyoncé just looked straight ahead like she wasn't being spoken to.

"Are you even listening?!" Matthew asked grabbing a hold of her jaw turning her face towards himself.

"Fuck. You." Beyoncé spat slapping his hand away from her jaw.

Matthew just laughed in her face, "You either do as I say or you can pack your shit up and get the fuck out my house!"

Beyoncé contemplated it in her head, it was literally only two months left till they graduate.

It surely couldn't be that bad, she'd either move out or stay and have her life controlled by this fucking psychopath.

"I guess I'll leave then."

-

Questions

1. Beyoncé wanting to move out?

2. Robyn's mother?

3. Why do you think Robyn's mother would buy them those things?

4. Onika?

5. Beyoncé?

6. Robyn?

7. Royalty?

8. Matthew?