XXV

"Girl, is this your car?!" Robyn was awestruck at the bright pink lambo.

"Yeah.." Onika shrugs she wouldn't really say she liked the car all that much, it was a gift she'd gotten on her 16th birthday but she never really drove it.

It was more of an apology gift really, her father had beaten her so bad the day before that she could barely walk, so when he'd walked into the house with the car keys all she could do was let out a faint smile and a quiet thank you.

"Your car is really pretty, it's all.. fresh princess like." Royalty smiles touching over the body of the car.

"Thank you princess." Onika smiles her dimples of full display, she wouldn't lie and say she wasn't beginning to get attached to the child.

-

The car drive to Robyn's neighborhood was a bit far, Onika spent most of the time looking out the window.

If you'd told her that Robyn lived in a neighborhood like this, she wouldn't have believed in a million years.

Of course it didn't make her think any less of the girl but the way Robyn carried herself with so much pride and confidence you wouldn't believe it, sometimes she wished she could embody that.

"Umm.. you wanna wait in the car or you'll follow us inside?" Robyn asks as she stopped in front of a run down looking how.

"I'll wait." She says softly making Robyn nod getting out the car with Royalty following suit as they went into the apartment.

She opened her phone while she waited for them, she didn't have any social media but at least she had games to keep her occupied.

And when she wasn't doing that she'd just watch some YouTube.. at least that was something to keep her busy while she waited for Robyn and Royalty.

A little while both girls got out the house dressed and ready, "I'm gonna make a quick stop at my friends house to drop Royalty off." Robyn says to which Onika just silently nods.

Only about five minutes later and they were pulling up to a one story house, for Onika it looked way better than all the other houses on the street.

"You coming?" She asks to which Onika replies with a small "yes." She was too curious to meet this Chris guy.

"Uncle Chris!" Royalty screams running up to the front door, opening it without even knocking first.

"They're close like that." Robyn chuckles getting out the car, helping Onika to open her own side of the car before they both walked to the open front door.

The sounds of squeals and laughs sounded all over the house and soon a pretty tall light skin man was walking out the kitchen with a smiling Royalty in his arms.

"Hi Robs." He smiles pecking her cheek, Onika unknowingly glares at the boy not liking him already... He shouldn't be kissing her.

"Hey Chris."

"Who's your friend?" He asks addressing Onika a little smile on his lips.

"Chris this is Onika. Onika, Chris." She introduces them to one another.

"Hey." Chris says putting Royalty down who immediately runs off to the couch as he holds out his hand for a handshake.

Onika just nods not acknowledging his outstretched hand. "Uhmm..." Chris says a bit awkwardly taking his hand back to his side.

"Chris I know this is a lot to ask but can Ro stay here for a bit, I promise I'll be back early to pick her up."

"I told you it's fine of course she can stay here, I'm here whenever you need me Rob."