||~𝔗𝔢𝔫~||

Blue eyes stay locked with Lilac eyes as the two figures sit across from each other in the dark alleyway

Blue eyes stay locked with Lilac eyes as the two figures sit across from each other in the dark alleyway. Hurt, confusions and anger flash through the blue eyes as he stares at the girl's face before him unsure if what he is seeing is real. Despite being quite drunk earlier the face staring back at him had sobered him up once she took off the mask and pulled down her hood.

Years.

It had been years since he last saw the girl he had considered his guardian angel and a close friend. The one who had pulled him from the wreckage of his release from his imprisonment. The only survivor from that night who stayed and cared for him. He didn't know what to feel about this situation. Too many emotions flooded him and despite the fact he felt such rage he couldn't let it consume him. His heart wouldn't allow him to let it out so instead he stifled it down with a thick swallow.

"Why?" he chokes out voice breaking as he wets his dry lips.

"Chuuya... I" Hotaru stumbles over her words for the first time in her life. Faced with the boy she had grown close to asking her why it left her unsure of herself. Gone was the indifferent women who always knew what she would say and didn't care about what others thought. Now the small eight year old girl who had saved a seven year old who was most likely not human sat there heart aching for him and the pain she inflicted upon him five years ago. Hotaru didn't like this as she hadn't felt so weak and vulnerable in many many years.

"Why did you leave me?!" Chuuya shouts, throwing a discarded glass bottle that he had picked up off the ground at her.

A soft golden glow envelopes it as she uses her gift to halt its approach just before her face and it falls to the ground shattering. Her eyes look at him as he breathes heavily, his form hunched over fists clenched at his side.

"Why didn't you stay?" he whispers looking up at her through his messy hair.

"You wouldnt understand Chuuya"

"Try me Nightshade"

Hotaru's jaw twitches as he uses her title and she thinks of what to tell the clearly angry man. He had always had a temper but not once had he directed his anger at her. It was such a contrast to how he used to be even if it had only been five years since they last saw one another.