||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯~||

A chuckle escapes Mori's lips as he looks down at the returned packet

A chuckle escapes Mori's lips as he looks down at the returned packet. The words that his subordinate had spoken to him brought amusement to him. It was just like her to not be bothered by his discovery. He wasn't expecting anything more than this exact reaction when he sent Chuuya to her with this information. It took a lot to get this information as it was guarded heavily but it was worth every effort for the enlightenment it provided. It just served to prove how much of a monster she was. Her power's awakening was on par with Arahabaki's and he knew that its vessel knew this fact too.

Speaking of its vessel...

Mori looks up with a smile on his lips as he makes eye contact with Chuuya who had stayed silent as his boss thought. "I'm not surprised she wasn't bothered by this. Of course she was also correct in her assumption it was just a move to get under her skin. Though I do wish she was easier to play with it is entertaining to battle wits with her"

Chuuya stays still as he listens to Mori go on about her smarts. While he stood there something Hotaru had said to him comes back to the forefront of his mind. It was a sentence she had told him in that alleyway behind the bar when he confronted her Nightshade persona. '

They would have hurt you. They would have hurt you to get to me so instead I hurt you first'

She had said that to him and it had stuck to him ever since.

"I will take my leave now if you don't need anything more from me boss"

When Mori doesn't say anything, Chuuya turns to the door and opens it. "Chuuya" Mori calls out, making the man pause.

"I am assuming because of this interaction things are better between the two of you"

Chuuya frowns but quickly schools his features before he turns to face the mafia don. "Nightshade and I are occasional co-workers. There is nothing more to it than that"

Mori's face cracks as a smirk overtakes it. "I see. I won't pretend to understand everything you two went through but for your sake you should think about forgiving past transgressions.