||~𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫~||

Silence flows between Hotaru and Q as the older woman drives down the busy streets of Yokohama

Silence flows between Hotaru and Q as the older woman drives down the busy streets of Yokohama. Her fingers tap against the steering wheel as she feels the piercing gaze of the child from the back seat. This wasn't what she imagined the outcome of her meeting with Mori would be.

To be perfectly honest she expected the meeting to happen, a few threats spilling from her lips while Mori fawned over her and deflected any venom she threw at him. After a while of this dance the meeting would end, hopefully without bloodshed and she would go about her life ignoring the creepy mafia leader until the next time he pulled a stunt like this.

But no.

This little meeting of theirs ended with her gaining a new member of her household in the form of a bloodthirsty and clearly traumatised pre-teen. All of this occurred because said pre-teen met Hatsu and became obsessed. It was just her luck that her newly acquired son would catch the gaze of such a being.

Huffing under her breath she quickly turns down an alleyway and stops the car, her eyes flickering to the frightened child's eyes in the back seat. "

What is your name?" she asks, ignoring the glare they send at her.

"Q" The child responds and she rolls her eyes at them.

"No it's not. I know that is not your real name. I want your real name. The one you were given at birth not the one you were given in the port mafia" she says and the kid grits their teeth "I could find out, you know. I have ways of getting that information that doesn't include talking to Mori. But I want to give you a chance. I want to hear it from you as I know it's personal"

It stays quiet between them, her eyes never leaving theirs as a silent battle of wills takes place. Neither of them back down and the atmosphere becomes more tense within the small confines of the car.

"Kyusaku. My name was Kyusaku Yumeno before I was renamed" they finally say, their eyes flickering down to their lap in submission.

Hotaru hums mulling the name over her eyes, still trained on the child. "It's a nice name" she says and the kid shakes their hands fisting into their shorts. "So, what is it you want, Kyusaku? What do you want to do while under my care?"