||~𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬~||

"Who was he?" Kyusaku asks as they stare down at the granite headstone with the name Kaito Soseki engraved on it

Hotaru doesn't respond immediately, her lilac colored eyes never straying from the name. She hated to admit it but she hadn't been back here to see the grave of her mentor and older brother since he was laid to rest here. The wound he left her with from his passing still too fresh and her heart still too broken. Despite Natsume's encouraging words to her about her visiting, she had still stayed away. Even now she wasn't sure she was ready to face the man who made her even if it was just a headstone that loomed over her.

"This was my mentor. He was the man who made Nightshade who she was. You may have heard him by his assassin name Bloodshade" She finally responds to the child at her side and Kyusaku's eyes widen.

"This was the famous Bloodshade?" they whisper reverence and awe in their tone.

Hotaru hums and nods before she turns away from the grave and starts walking through the cemetery. Q quickly follows after her falling into step at her side. "The unjust shall be vanquished by the blade of the innocent' do you know what that saying means Kyusaku?" she asks and the child looks up at her confused.

"No I don't"

"It's the code Bloodshade lived by. The code I was trained under. It means that bad people who hurt the innocent shall die. Kaito was the blade that vanquished the unjust in an act of protecting the innocent. I was trained to become that blade too just as you will be. Though that is the code he created and enforced it died with him"

Kyusaku looks down deep in thought. Being here with Nightshade was very different than being with the mafia. It was just that they were being treated better. Being treated like a human for the first time in their life. Nightshade did things that you would not expect a merciless assassin to do.

She loved her cats, and babied them greatly. She adored gardening and cooked quite frequently. She showed such care for her son and in a way she showed care of them. But the biggest difference was how she killed. It was true that she held no sympathy for those that she killed.

She snuffed life out without much issue but she held to a code when doing so. She didn't kill without cause. Every life she took was calculated. Those that she went after gave her something in return for their death. It wasn't senseless, it was thought out. The mafia was similar in that aspect but it didn't quite match her. Kyusaku decided they much preferred the structure of her way of killing than they did that of the Mafia's.