||~𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔬𝔫𝔢~||

It was a common misconception that I was immune to all damage

It was a common misconception that I was immune to all damage. The golden barrier that has shielded me from harm for fifteen years laid that false pretense out for everyone. It had been so long since I was injured by anything that even I began to believe that lie.

There was also another belief that was a falsehood created by my ability. The idea that no ability worked on me was in fact another lie. There was one person that held the capacity to reach past the barrier and touch me.

Natsume Kaito's ability was the exception to mine. My abilities kryptonite if you would.

You see, my ability allows me to manipulate all forms of matter. But it went much further than just that simple application. The building blocks of existence could be destroyed, consumed and then recreated making anything I desired become reality. I could take one thing and make it something completely different. I could manipulate anything that held even a small amount of matter in it. This included abilities as they were made up of the energy from one's soul.

Unlike Dazai's ability that canceled out the others mine only worked on the result. It didn't stop them from using it but as long as that ability's energy was within my vicinity I could consume it rendering it useless against me and others if I so chose to extend it to them.

But with Kaito I couldn't use it that way against him.

'In the valley of the shadow of death'

It was an ability that controlled the dark. It was a strong ability capable of eclipsing the light and bathing the world in a blanket of darkness. Once you were caught in its inky black hold you were as good as dead because that was where he was the strongest. He could manipulate anything that held darkness within it. Any shadow was his to command so even the daylight wasn't safe.

Your very own shadow would be turned against you and made to attack if it was his will. And as my ability was mainly energy based; the light to his darkness, well I was useless. Kaito could reach past my barrier and touch me and I was powerless to stop him. For how are you supposed to use your ability on another ability that held no energy; that was void of the building blocks of existence.