||~𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬~||

Atsushi pants as he floats back to the ground, his hands shaking as he tries to process what had just happened and what he had just done

Atsushi pants as he floats back to the ground, his hands shaking as he tries to process what had just happened and what he had just done. As he lands on the ground he falls to his knees and stares at his hands curling them into fists. He remembered that day now. The day that Shibusawa tortured him. The day he first turned into the tiger. The day he took that man's life with these very hands. He also remembered Hotaru. She had ran into the room panicked, almost hysterical as she saw him surrounded in blood screaming and crying with a dead man next to him.

She hadn't asked questions though he suspected she already knew what must have occurred there. The only thing she did was take him into her arms and whisk him away. After that those memories had started to fade and replacing them was the face of a familiar man that he both recognized and didn't recognize.

Hotaru had taken him to this man and he remembered her pleas as she spoke quickly and quietly to him. The man had approached his trembling form with a kind look in his eyes and took care of him. The man had turned out to be Kaito Natsume, his sister's mentor and the one who had found them when he was just an infant.

Atsushi couldn't understand how he could have forgotten that. Sure he was traumatized and still quite young but those eyes that seemed to stare into the soul and held the warmth of a thousand suns was something that burned into his mind even then.

That was why he couldn't understand how those same eyes could look at his sister as if she were prey while she lay motionless amongst the rubble. Atsushi feels dread well up in his chest as he sees the crimson stain on the front of Hotaru's dress and his breath vanishes as he doesn't see the rise and fall of her chest.

"Hotaru!" He screams and rips his arm out of Kyoka's hold before lunging to his feet. The figure continues to walk towards her and that's when he finally takes notice of the shadow trendles that pose to strike out at her. "HOTARU!!!!" his voice grows louder and more panicked as he gets closer and this catches Kato's attention.

The man looks up and towards Atsushi making him realize his mistake. This wasn't Kaito. The light in his eyes was missing and in its place was coldhearted malicious intent. The ruby gemstone inlaid at the center of his forehead glints in the low light making Atsushi's heart stop as those shadow trendles pull away from Hotaru and points in his direction now.