||~𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱~||

The sound of ringing rouses Hotaru from her sleep and she blindly pats the side of her bed in search for the cause of the annoying noise

The sound of ringing rouses Hotaru from her sleep and she blindly pats the side of her bed in search for the cause of the annoying noise. Her fingers wrap around the cool metal form of her cell phone and she lifts her head looking at the caller ID. Atsushi's name flashes across the screen and she frowns as the time reads six am.

"The world better be ending Sushi-kun" she says, her voice low and irritated.

"They just opened up an investigation on the death of the orphanage director Hotaru" Atsushi's panicked voice comes through the other side of the phone.

"Okay and?" Hotaru asks, dragging the question out.

"They are saying its murder"

"Well it was murder because I killed him in cold blood" Hotaru deadpans and Atsushi sucks in a sharp breath.

"Why would you admit that to me? The police are here asking questions about it!"

Hotaru groans at her brother's dramatics and rolls over onto her back "Atsushi calm down. All you have to do is tell them that Nightshade did it. Once they know it was indeed me all of this would go away. You are making this problem bigger than it really is"

"Hotaru you killed him. How is that not a huge deal?" Atsushi asks and slumps at his sisters laugh in response.

"Have you forgotten I am an assassin already Sushi-kun? One that sometimes works alongside the government. Me killing that poor excuse of a man means nothing to them when I do their dirty work. This is just protocol for the military police because I didn't leave my calling card at the orphanage" Hotaru pauses and wets her lips as she remembers that day "Well what was left of the orphanage that is"

"Why would they believe me when I am the one under suspicion?" Atsushi asks, finally seeming to have calmed down.

"Just tell them to give me a call if they don't. Now I'm going back to bed. Don't call me unless you are dying" Hotaru hangs up and tosses her phone down on the bed. Taking a deep breath she allows her eyes to flutter closed.

As she tries to inch closer to sleep she huffs in frustration as she can't seem to get close enough "I can't sleep with you staring at me from the shadows like a creepy stalker so either you get out of my room and wait for me to wake up or I kill your dumbass for disturbing my peace"