The Bet (Chaennie GxG)

The club was packed. As Chaeyoung squeezed in through the crowds she spotted several of her classmates who had also finished school that day. She waved at a few before heading to the bar and ordering a malibu and coke. Hopping up onto a stool, she scanned the dance floor until she saw who she was looking for. It didn't take long. She reckoned she would be able to pick the woman out in a room twenty times the size. There was just something about the brunette which was ... entrancing.

She paid for her drink and took a large gulp, her body already thrumming slightly with the alcohol she had consumed earlier with Ruby and Belle. Weaving her way towards her target, Chaeyoung circled around until she was directly behind her. She was dancing with a couple of friends and hadn't noticed Chaeyoung until she tapped her lightly on the shoulder.

"Oh, hello Chaeyoung," Jennie Kim said. "Celebrating your freedom?"

"Yes I am, Miss Kim," Chaeyoung nodded, shouting over the loud music. "What are you doing here?"

"Teachers have lives outside of the classroom, you know," the older woman said.

"Oh I know," Chaeyoung said. "In fact, I see you in here a lot."

Jennie raised an eyebrow at her student. Well, former student. "Keeping tabs on my movement, are we?"

"It's hard not to notice the most beautiful woman in the room," Chaeyoung said confidently.

Jennie's cheeks blushed and Chaeyoung stepped a little closer. The brunette hesitated but didn't back away.

"Want to get a drink?" Chaeyoung asked, holding up her empty glass.

Jennie was about to shake her head when she felt her sister's finger poking her firmly in the back and muttering "go" into her ear. She knew it was a bad idea. She knew she should decline and turn back to her group. But somehow she found herself following the tall blonde back across the dance floor to the bar.

"What do you want, Miss Kim?" Chaeyoung asked, leaning closer than was necessary as she spoke.

"Please call me Jennie now. Miss Kim reminds me of school." Chaeyoung nodded her understanding. "And a vodka soda, please," Jennie added and Chaeyoung made a face.

Jennie laughed and mimicked a look of disgust as she heard Chaeyoung order her own sweet cocktail. As they waited for their drinks, they both took a seat, smiling shyly at each other.

"You look great tonight," Chaeyoung said after a short pause, eyeing up the short black dress her teacher, former teacher, was wearing.

"Thanks," Jennie replied. "You look lovely too."

Chaeyoung beamed and straightened her new, sleeveless blouse. Jennie's eyes drifted towards the hint of cleavage which was revealed to her. She snapped them back to the teenager's face seconds later but it was too late. Chaeyoung had definitely noticed her staring. Jennie felt the blush rise in her cheeks and pretended to check her phone. Chaeyoung did the same.

"Any holiday plans?" Jennie asked after a while.

"France with my foster family and then Ibiza with the girls," Chaeyoung said. "You?"

"My family own a villa in Sicily," Jennie said. "I'm heading out there for a few weeks in August."

"Nice! Very fancy," Chaeyoung said, picking up their newly arrived drinks and leading the way towards a vacant couch in the far corner of the club. It was much quieter there and dimly lit. The two women sat down and both drank deeply. Nerves needed to be steadied.

"I've been waiting for this day for a long time," Chaeyoung said after a pause.

"The last day of term?" Jennie asked.