Love Me| Pt.1

Heads Up: Coach Briggs is the same person as Coach Y/N. Briggs is just the last name.

Vote And Comment
_________________________________

A.J. Hawkings College Preparatory Academy
7:04 A.M

Coach Briggs, who having just arrived to work, walked into the locker room expecting his players to be in there waiting for him like he asked of them the previous day.

He went to his office to set his belongs down before going over to the microphone.

"If y'all don't get y'all asses inside this locker room right now!" Coach Briggs yelled, coming through the speakers at the varsity football team who was playing around in gym.

Once the team heard him they immediately hauled ass down the steps into the locker room. Not wanting to make Coach upset before practice after school.

"Wassup Coach." A junior on the team said and reached his hand out towards him trying to give him a handshake but Coach Briggs just stood in the middle of the locker room waiting with a blank look his face.

"Never mind then, this is a bad time." He said and went to sit next to his friends.

"Alright so, everybody listen up. For a good amount of y'all this is your senior year. That means you have one shot left to prove yourselves to these colleges that you can be very beneficial to their teams. That is if you want an athletic scholarship because if you want to go on an academic scholarship then I suggest you get focused up on priorities quick." He said and looked around at the seniors.

"But like I was saying every senior player in here needs to be on their A-Game every second of the day. You never know who is watching you. And for the rest of you non seniors...I expect nothing but growth and maturity out of you all this year."

"When I say growth and maturity I don't mean throw away your teenage years trying to grow up too fast. What I mean is to have a balance and understanding of what's a priority and what's not a priority. But, for now that's all I have to say so, head to class before y'all be late." Coach Briggs said as he watched the team disperse, collect their backpacks, and head up the stairs to class.

"KD! Stay back for a minute." Coach Briggs said and waited for the last of the team to leave.

"Yeah Coach, wassup?" KD said as he pulled his hoodie over his head.

"Listen. I heard about the injury you got in the 7 on 7 tournament this past weekend. And to take precautions I'm going to withhold from putting you in the game Friday."

"What! You can't do that Coach this is the first home game of the year. Everybody comes out to this game, you can't just have me riding the bench. The trainers said I was cleared to play come on." KD said trying to convince Y/N that he was good to play.

"They may have said that but by the way you were hesitant while playing at practice yesterday I don't want to play you. Not because you're physically unprepared but because you are mentally unprepared."

"I'm mentally and physically prepared Coach I was just taking it easy and watching my movements so I wouldn't injure myself again. You can even talk to my mom and she will tell you herself that I'm okay to play. Please I have to play this game." KD pleaded and with Y/N being the person he is, he agreed.

"Alright fine. I will talk to your mother during the lunch period..or as a matter of fact I'll just talk to her now since there is still time before first period starts. I'll see you later KD." Coach Briggs said getting a bye from KD and going back to his office to get his keys and school ID.