For Life I☹️

"I loved you your whole life, but I'll miss you for the rest of mines"

2002

Omniscient POV

   "Y/N slow down, you're running too fast!!" 10 year old Lauren shouted down the sidewalk to the 10 year old Y/N who just so happened to be her best friend since birth.

   "Or maybe you're just running too slow!!" Y/N said coming to a stop only to turn around and face Lauren just to start walking backward.

"Y/N we aren't supposed to go past this street mommy said so." Lauren said catching up to Y/N causing her to stop walking so Lauren could catch her breath.

"Well JJ took me past here and it wasn't that bad. It was a lot of people who had drawings on their faces and arms and it was a lot of girls too." Y/N said recalling what she had seen while with her brother.

"Oh, and JJ was talking to this man and the man just gave JJ a lot of money for no reason." Y/N told Lauren who had sat down on the curb.

   "Why are you telling me this Y/N?" Lauren asked with her head in her hands.

   "Because if you come with me you can see for yourself. Come on it's not that bad plus we big kids now we supposed to do big kids stuff." Y/N said trying to convince her but Lauren wasn't budging.

   "But Y/N we're going to get in trouble if we get caught over there." Lauren told Y/N who simply brushed her off.

"How are we going to get caught if they don't go over there themselves?" Y/N questioned and Lauren stayed quiet knowing she was right.

"See now if you come with me, I'll buy you some of your favorite candy." Y/N negotiated knowing Lauren wouldn't turn down candy.

"Pinky promise." Lauren said and held out her pinky.

"I pinky promise, now come on slow poke." Y/N said and took off running but at a decent pace where Lauren could catch up and run beside her.

The two looked both ways before crossing the street like they were taught. Once on the other side after they walked a bit, they immediately took notice of the many people standing on the sidewalk either in groups talking or by themselves bobbing their heads to the various songs being played loudly from different cars.

Y/N was fascinated by everything going on around her. She never really got to be this close to it because whenever she would come with her brother, he always kept her in the car. Luckily, she was smart enough to know that whatever he does over gets him a lot of money and he was able to get whatever he wanted.

That's what she wanted to do, she just wanted to get whatever she wanted and she knew that all she had to do was get over here without her brother being around. For a 10 year old she was very observant of things she wasn't supposed to be observant of but she didn't care at all. Y/N knew that money buys you things and she needed to get money, which is why she is over here.